Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Another rookie question
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I need a motor home with a front passenger seat that's easy to get out of. My wife is somewhat disabled and would have a hard time swiveling the seat and lifting her legs over the doghouses on most Class A's.

Obviously, a diesel-pusher would take care of this problem the best. But are there gas-powered Barths which provide easy access from the passenger seat to the back of the coach?

Posts: 2 | Member Since: 11-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

I am rushing around here to help you. Last year at the Barth Rally I put on here in Minnesota we were blessed to have some visitors on the next to last day. This guy had a mid 1960's Barth Continental motor home. This gentleman was a machinist and his wife had very severe arthritis. He had developed this entire motorhome to serve his dear wife. For the front seat he had installed a slide and a swivel attachment and it was all run my a 12v electric motor. He would merely push a button and the entire seat would move out and spin around. She would be seated and then it would spin and slide back in place.

Since he was not a full week rally attendee I don't have his contact info in the right places but I do have his business card somewhere. If I find it I will share it with you. I don't know where you are but he was in Colorado I believe.

Folks I have never seen true love like I saw with this guy and his wife.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post