Tools
Reply To This Topic

All Painted Up and Ready For Dega
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Got the Euro painted up just for racin' and thought y'all would like to see it!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 31, 2005).]

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

We have had a spot in the infield for the last 3 years. Love to meet some other folks with Barths. Lets touch base before the race. Are their any other race fans taking their Barths besides us?

ED.

------------------

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ed, My new paint job looks like some of the things I've seen in the infield, especially years ago. We stay in the family campground outside turn 2, about 200 yards from the tunnel entrance. We're only going to the fall race in Dega this year. If you're going to that one we'll hook up during the weekend for sure. This thread might bring some others out of the woodwork too. If you want to see what the Euro really looks like there's a photo in Tech under the RV Covers thread. If something changes and we can make the spring race in Dega or Atlanta I'll let you know. Thanks for the help Dave, hope you don't mind the artistic competition!!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will see about that UPSIDE DOWN 24. Don't bet all you have on that 8 either. hehehe

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
Dan - Ed
My Barth and I plan on going to Talladega again in the fall. We will be staying in West Park A. I did not hook up with Danny last year but will try again. In October we got there Wednesday before the race. We will try for that again this fall. I will be going to Atlanta March 20th but we will not be "Barthing".

Go - "48" Jimmie Johnson

Hope to see Ya'll,

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

[This message has been edited by flashnyellow (edited January 31, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by flashnyellow (edited January 31, 2005).]

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds like fun. How do you go about getting a spot in the infield?

Lijah

Posts: 3 | Location: Lexington, OK USA | Member Since: 01-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Lijah, You can go to talladegasuperspeedway.com and get all the info. When it comes to camping at the track everyone has their own preferences. Our site is just outside turn two in the family campground. These sites are marked off 20 x 40 ft. No hookups but lots of clean little johns and not too far to a dump station with fresh water. We can make it from Friday to Monday with four people if we conserve water. This year I have a Tote-along waste tank so I can drain off eleven gallons and store it on my rear rack, and with 2 6 gallon containers of fresh I'm sure we'll be fine. It's a ten minute walk to our seats on the front stretch but only a couple minutes if you were in the backstretch seats. Shuttles run through to take you to the Hall of Fame and the acroos the street vendors. The Ice guys come through every half hour or so, and the newspaper boys are around every morning. This is also the area where they set up the TV stage for friday night and all the other Speed broadcasts, so you get to see a lot of personalities. Our sites are 80 bucks for the weekend, and thats about as cheap as they get other than the free sites, which are a tad further from the track and fill up by friday morning. Infield spots are more, but I can't say for sure how much.
One more thing, the tickets and campsites that were not renewed by friday go on sale today [2/7] so you have the best chance right now. Anything else you want to know, just holler.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

<Thom-Barth>
posted
happy to see my grandpas motorhomes get to se the sport i love hehe!
thanks
shouldiberacin2win@yahoo.com

Reply With QuoteReport This Post