Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Travel Trailers???? Great Brochure 1965
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
A fine gentleman sent me this brochure for a 1965 Barth Travel Trailer. Note: a 24 ft. was only $7395.00 but I think that was a lot then. My dad had just bought a 4 bedroom tract house in Oxnard, California for $12,900. Go to link below to see brochures.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1305037&a=12824285

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1305037&a=10653417&p=36455289

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think there may be a Barth Trailer in Washougal, WA. It's big, at least 30 ft. and has a stylised "B" on the front of it. I tried to access the photos in Dave's preceding message to check but couldn't. 'Guess I could always bang on the house's front door where the trailer is and ask if it's a Barth. Anyone have BarthTravel Trailer pictures they can post?
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I fell in love with Barths in 1969. We bought our first RV, a 19' travel trailer, at the Washington D.C. RV show that year, for less than $2,000. I pulled it with a '68 Dodge Coronet that was about $2,200 new.

The same dealer carried Barths, and the cheapest Barth was around $7,000, can't remember the size.

$7,395 was the price of a new Cadillac, or Chrysler Imperial in 1965 - about equivalent to $50,000 today??

There has been at least one photo of a Barth trailer in this forum, but I can't remember when, or what thread. I thought there was one in the gallery, but it's not there.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
There's a brochure pic of a Barth Continental on the cd Dave sells.

------------------

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
If I had the money and the talent I would have bought this one and re-done it, "in exactly the same colors".

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, I think I found the trailer in your new pictures on Google. The one in Washougal and it certainly have the same lines. Washougal's has a yellow and aluminum paint scheme, but it has just an emblem with a B on it instead of Barth. It looks to be in nice shape and as the awning was out and the door and windows open last time I went past, it is still being used. And it is BIG! Maybe even 35ft, it's hard to tell as I'm looking at it on a angle from the front. It certainly seems as long as our 34T.
I'll have to stop and ask, next time I'm down that way.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post