Forums    General Discussions    Lake Powell?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lake Powell?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted
The boss and I are thinking about renting a houseboat this August on lake Powell. If any one out there has any suggestions or information we'd love to hear it.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Have made 3 trips on Powell. Great lake. Brought a battery operated hammer drill, Tapcons masonary ancors, and hooks to tie off the houseboat. tapcons work great, drill screw them in, remove the the next day. It gave us a lot more option on finding priviate coves to stay in. It can be hard to find rock or vegetation to tie off to. One night were tied off between a couple of 200 ft sheer cliffs. We used them about half the nights we were there. prepare to take every thing for the entire time, everything on lake is expensive including fuel. Hope it works out for you.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
It is less crowded in Sept and Oct. Often smoother water and warm days with cool nights. Some of my best water skiing trips were at Powell in the fall.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post