Tools
Reply To This Topic

June Rally
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Dear Barth Friends,

Deb and I have been discussing things and because of other considerations this year we have decided not to host a rally.

If someone else would like to take the ball and run with it that would be great.

Dave Bowers

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited February 04, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, and Deb. I am of course disappointed to say the least, but I know you two have given this much thought, and I thank you for all that you have done. Maybe this would be a good time to review in a snap-shot form the tasks that would need to be done in order to hold a rally. Maybe we could split up the tasks and thus not overwhelm any one person. I was beginning to see what a HUGH task for one or two, and I would welcome a chance to discuss this with others. I welcome any and all thoughts. Dale

[This message has been edited by DALE SMITH (edited February 03, 2004).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Carl Flack>
posted
Dave: A disappointing post. Was looking forward to seeing the faces that goes with the names I have come to rely for help with my Toy. I will help in what ever way I can.
If the Rally does take place, will you be attending??..........carl

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Also disappointed along with others but we understand. Dave, did you have any sense for potential numbers attending? I vote with Dale for maybe something like a co-op rally with everyone attending contributing something. Perhaps it's a potluck rally! If we're able to be there (uncertain at this time because of pending real estate issues) we'll surely be glad to help out in whatever ways we can. However, someone probably needs to be the point person for the sake of organization??
We were invited to host a rally but have thus far declined politely due to so many other commitments. And Dale it is "huge" as well as "HUGH" because there are lots of details and we all know dat de devil is in da details! (You can take the teacher out of the classroom but you can't take the class out of the teacher!) cheers, everyone.....

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I would strongly encourage another person to take the rally ball. I would also be happy to provide any resource that I could.

Deb and I would certainly attend based of course on where it would be held.

I have done a lot of work on this rally so if someone wanted to carry on I would be happy to share that info and you can take it or leave it per your own desires.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited February 04, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, although I have a lot of fun kidding on the site I am more serious than most might think. I am not trying to sell myself to anyone though. I am a person that places a lot of value on being HONEST, PUNCTUAL, CONSISTENT, FAIR, CARING, AND ENTHUSIASTIC. With that said if you will be so kind as to share what you have completed, then I will give HOSTING the Rally serious consideration. CONSIDERATION is KEY. I will not be bashful in asking for DIRECTION, and HELP. I welcome any and all comments, and one more thing, Dave, you will be very involved once you and Deb arrive at the Rally. It's the ONLY way I will consider such a task. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Barthmoblers, John and I will and can host a rally in June. We've a fantastic park in Mathis, Tx. (30 miles w. of Corpus Christi, Tx) Lots of trees, big sites, 3 stocked fish ponds, the owner will cook evening meals, he now does so for appx. l40 people every Tues. Lots to see and do here in South Texas at Wilderness Lakes RV Resort.
Do we have any interest in holding it here for a change of location?
John & Ellen Brecheen
93 32' Barth Regency
300 Cat
PS we attended the SC Charleston Oct rally of the Barth Rangers

------------------
Ellen

Posts: 1 | Location: Mathis, Tx USA | Member Since: 12-15-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Let us work on a LAID back in IND. rally in 05,and make it the best.I would really like talking to the EX-Barth workers.I will help all that we can!Come on folks let get something going Here.

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited August 06, 2004).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
texas is probably one of the few states that we would be able to attend.

I spent last weekend tubing down the brazos!

paul schuster
santa cruz, ca

Posts: 29 | Location: austin, tx | Member Since: 07-21-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post