Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

got a question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
If you just pull your coach into a spot without turning off anything except the lights for 5 days will you have enough power left in the coach to start the gen.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Quick answer, Yes. I know this is no answer to your question because our coaches are totally different. Let's see what this thread brings.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there is a quick answer. It is strictly a matter of a) how much power is available, minus b) how much power is used minus c) how much power is needed to start the generator.

Every coach is different in at least a & b. There can be other factors that play into the equation. What battery bank is the generator on? Is there a battery combiner? Solar? How new is the battery bank? How many items did you leave on that draw power? How cold is it out? Is there an inverter? And of course......were you plugged in to shore power? In which case, yes, it will start!!! Cool

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
If the coach batteries are isolated, even if they went dead, you should be able to start engine, charge a little, and start generator.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5184 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
This brings to mind a question I have. My 93 Regency has no battery for the generator, it uses the Coach batteries. It has been suggested that I switch it to using the Chassis batteries since I would most likely be starting my generator when the coach batteries are low.

I have installed an automatic generator starter and have it set to start the generator when the Coach batteries have dropped to 11.2 volts. I can't decide whether or not to switch the generator starter to Chassis from Coach batteries.

Any suggestions?

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
just is that i could start the coach after 5 days but am glad it did .I have 4 new batteries.still thought it should be longer.I will check batts and grounds again also the alarm and get it working if it is hooked up to the directly to the batteries . thanks
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post