Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth inspection SE Missouri
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello, I am new here and thinking about purchasing the 32' Barth currently for sale in Southeast Missouri and listed on this site. I am new to motorhomes as well as 1000 miles away, so would like a trusted and qualified mechanic to inspect the Barth for me before committing funds. Does anyone know who might be a good candidate for said inspection? Unit is near Cape Girardeau, in Wappapello, MO. I expect to eventually spend double the purchase price bringing her up to speed, but in my ignorance I do not think it prudent to drive an unknown unit 1000 miles with no toad to get her here where I know local tradesmen I can trust. Any advice is appreciated. thanks...jon

Posts: 8 | Location: central Florida | Member Since: 11-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Run a quick site search here for "buyers checklist" there are several versions.

Gas or diesel? Length? approx. miles?

Good luck with deal. Wish I could advise on a mechanic but I know only a few I would recommend and they are neither close to SE MO or to me, for that matter.

check my PM. Keep in touch, good luck with your inspection and purchase.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Steve, I think this is a twin to your Barth. Check out the pictures in the 'For Sale' forum. It's a tag etc. I suggested that John send you a PM since you've had so much experience with that model.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Slightly different floor plan, twins vs queen bed but mostly the same.

My coach was constructed in July of 1986, marketed as an 87 model. Later in the 87 model year (I thought about November) they changed the front roofline to the later style with the drip edge. Even though my coach was an 87 model I refer to it as an 86 because it has the "pre 87" roofline. Yet this coach was made in April 87 yet has the older style roofline like mine. hmm

Another Barth enigma!

John did contact me. I am trying to give any help I can. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Just hope we can find a good home for this Barth. It looks like it can be a fine motorhome with a little TLC. If I were 10 years younger Roll Eyes
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This does look like a nice one. My experience shows the tag axle to be a very nice upgrade, for sure. Miles are fairly low, too. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I would suggest going on Yelp for that city and searching for a truck mechanic. Most issues for the trip to your house will be chassis issues. The P30 is a Fritos truck chassis, and is very similar to the GM 1 ton pickup. Any decent GM truck mechanic will know what he is doing.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post