Forums    General Discussions    Are old Barths built as well as newer ones?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Are old Barths built as well as newer ones?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
first off thanks for running a great board. I am new to the motorhome hobby, I am wondering if the older Barths were built like the newer all metal ones? I am wanting a good older MH to restore and then travel with my family. I have restored a two cars, rebuilt engines and trans, and restored two Bobcat loaders. I do not have any problem fixing any thing on the MH I just can't see putting alot of time in a stick and staple. And if any one knows of an old Barth close to Houston, let me know. thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: Houston, Tx | Member Since: 12-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron,
Check out my coach that is for sale in this forum. It is listed under "first 15.5 takes it" .......Mike

Posts: 5 | Location: Winnetka, Calif., U.S. of A. | Member Since: 05-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
First of all Ron welcome to Barthmobile.

Barths general construction was the same from 1970's to 1990's. But we are talking the structural construction. I don't know for sure but I would assume that in the later years the insulation was better. Since you are a mechanic and general fix up guy. You could probably buy an older coach and get away with it. It is much better to start with a quality shell. You can buy a 1994 Winnebago and have the fiberglass wall bubble and there is a $10K bill right there. So the shell makes a big deal when you are going to redo something. And, you can't do much better than Barths coach construction.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post