Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

MEMBERSHIP
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
Dave: I have always wondered about the breakdown of the membership of this board. I see we have 770 listed. Is this with junior members? Do you know how many actual Barths owners are represented here? It seems like 770 is a very small number, but I have never ask a question about Barths that was not anwsered. This is a great group to be part of and the best to you in this very worth while site. JKB 28' Regal P30 454

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your question John. This represents the total number of people who have registered on the website. Now when I send out those quasi-newsletters every 6 months or so I will have a few returned emails that I will remove and then you will see the number drop by ten or so.

Keep in mind that even though there are maybe 20 posts or so each day, we average well over 400 visitors to the site each day so many of those 770 are visiting silently.

A junior member will become a full member after 5 posts.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

Somewhat along these lines, what would be involved in settin up some sort of voluntary registry on your site?.....I'm thinking of: email name, year/model/length of unit and state,city or regional home base.

It may foster opportunities for owners to make contact with each other as we criss-cross the country, perhaps passing by right next door......

For one, I'd be happy to visit or host a fellow Barther- could even provide a parking spot w/ water & power for anyone wanting to do the Wash. DC experience......

I'd guess there's about 15-20 hard core "posters" here...Surely there's got to be many other Barth owners just lurking. It'd be interestingto know where they are and what they own, even if they don't choose to join-in our pontifications here...

Heck, since units are so elusive, maybe even some wannabees would register, hoping for a Barth sighting & some tire kicking....I'd go a little out of my way on a trip for a cold glass of iced-tea and an hour or so of shop talk with someone on a Barth-Quest.......

...Just thinking out loud.....(You've probably noticed by now that this would require more work for you and zero effort on my part....I planned it that way

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Hey Lee, What if I just wanted to stop by on my way to Calabash N.C. without the Barth. Would you still want to see me? How far off of I-95 are you.

If there is any Barth member going thru I-84 & I-87 in New York I would be happy to meet them just to look at there Barth. I'm always up even after hours so if your passing by Newburgh New York you can give me a shout day or night!

I kind of think that the postings to the left & bottom signature are great places to put that stuff. Dave wouldn't have to do anything extra with the site. Maybe when he sends out his Quasi Newsletter he could suggest "updating your signature" to the other people on the forum. The Email address is already easily to get to by going next to the time and day stamp of the postings.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the list idea sounds good. have been checking this site for several weeks and it has helped a lot -- we just got our 1989 31 ft Regal today -- its really in pretty good condition. a Ford/John Deere rig. bad news is we have to put in warehouse for the winter here in PA so will have to wait till next spring to get on the road. thanks for all the helpful info on the site.

Posts: 10 | Location: Lancaster PA | Member Since: 12-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave S:
1989 31 ft Regal today -- its really in pretty good condition. a Ford/John Deere rig.

Welcome to the site Dave S.

1st rule. It is called a "Barth Custom Coach". Don't ever call it a rig...I made that mistake once.

2nd rule. There are no rules...

Hope you enjoy the site.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I also like the idea of a Barth owners directory. I know this means more work for you, so I am offering to help you with this project. You can email me your thinking on the project and I will try to organize the information into a managable spreadsheet.

I don't think the issue of stop over parking should be noted on this spreadsheet, as it highlights those who are willing and unwilling/unable right next to each other. I think that those owners or members who can host an ocasional Barthmobiler at their home should note such in their signature.

I'll help if you contact me.

Bill

[This message has been edited by goodwinw (edited December 14, 2005).]

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post