Forums    General Discussions    1985 Barth Regency - trade up in 5 years.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1985 Barth Regency - trade up in 5 years.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted

Original Post Located Here
quote:
Originally posted by Daddo:
Very nice coach! How many total miles are on it?

I wish I was ready to trade up. Maybe in another 5 years. For now the Euro will have to do.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
For now the Euro will have to do

Them's durn close to bein' fightin' words in these here parts. Violence

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I was thinking the same thing. Park 10 motorhomes in a parking lot. Make one of them a Euro and then see which MH people come up and look at. The Euro will win almost every time.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
doug I bet they will look at yours first O .
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daddo
posted Hide Post
I suffer from permanent higher aspirations syndrome. head bang Always looking for the next thing up the ladder. Would love to have a diesel pusher and I actually like the bus look better. Never fear though, we are getting a lot of great family time in our Euro. Been thinking about polishing it too, but what to do about that glass nose?

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Daddo, I'm sure you realize I was just kidding. Actually Suzie and I figured the Euro would be a few year thing on the way to something bigger and better. It's just that after all these years of making it just what we want and learning all about it, we just don't see it that way any more. Maybe full timing after retirement would require a larger coach, but that's a long way off[we figure by the time we're 110 if we plan ahead]. The main thing is you're using it and enjoying it. Gets a lot of looks, doesn't it? The glassnose does kind of take polishing out of the question, unless you flamed out the glass and ran the flames back into the polished aluminum confusion.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Much as I like the look of a tag axle, I have to admit the Euro is way cool. Among our fiercely loyal Barth owners, the Euro folks seem especially so!
Flames would be so excellent! Besides, you guys could actually get away with a "hood" ornament. Some kind of 50's rocket/jet style would work, or maybe the classic set of Texas longhorns? so many choices...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5184 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Try Nu-Finish. It'll work best if you "spit-shine" it. Do small areas and apply and keep rubbing until the shine blooms.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
For deep shine with thick enough gelcoat to accept the work try 3M polish for heavily oxidized gel. Try a boat store like West Marine. A random orbital buffer works well for this. Get several pads and go until the polish comes off easily. Follow with 3M Finesse then top off with carnuba wax. If the glass is generally in the sun you will need to re-wax with some regularity to keep from needing the polish procedure. After the first round with the heavy you generally can get by with the mild oxidation version.
Only having the nose is neat, the full 35 is a 2 day minimum followed by a day with the wax. The wax will tell you if you did a good job with the polish since it won't be friendly without a good smooth unoxidized base.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daddo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips on what to do with the glass nose on the Euro. Using marine products is a great idea and I don't think I would have thought of that.

Yeah, Danny, we keep fixing "Bart" up and as we do it seems less and less likely we'll part with him. That MCC chassis rarity and independent suspension at all four wheels calls to me though. The wife says she likes our Barth but she's probably just afraid of what I'll get into next.
nono

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post