Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

membership directory
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Oh, oh, i see that Mary Ray and Don in Niagara are close to passing me, even though i have been a member longer. Maybe i better post more. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, just curious. I just noticed that there is a difference between the # in the directory and the # by our names when we post. I know that the # changes by our names each time we post, but does the directory only update the #s on a periodic basis, ie. end of month or some other basis?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Have you deleted ANY messages? I believe it updates daily.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think so.....maybe one at the most.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
RE: Missing Posts.

Back before I took over, there was wholesale deleting of entire posts. I too had practiced this same ritual of deleting posts so that we did not keep getting bumped up to a higher price plan every couple of months.

This is called "Post Pruning" or "Managing Your Resources"

Both me and Dave only deleted "Very Old Posts" that had not seen the light of day for over 24 months. We have a unique "Moderator Only" search engine that can tell us when the last time anyone looked at a post or responded to it. We deleted mundane items or post that had only 1 thread an no response. Basically "Dead End" stuff.

Then I wised up... About 6 months after taking over I went through each post that had an image attachment and unhinged images and loaded em up to photobucket.

As you can imaging, this was very time consuming but it kept us in the proverbial sweet spot. As in... cost expense versus donation stream.

I would only move enough images so as to keep us in the price plan that was most manageable. This ritual kept playing out every couple of months until I changed how we could upload pictures.

Since changing the upload feature around I do not see us deleting posts. Now, no real additional space is being used because text is very low when it comes to storage. Images is what kept pushing us into higher price plans.

Your Karma Points tell us how many times you've posted... the Post Count, in the lower left of this screen, tells us how many are still active on The Barthmobile Website today.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
All very interesting.
I didn't know posting was competitive.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
didn't know posting was competitive.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
didn't know posting was competitive.

quote:
All very interesting.
I didn't know posting was competitive

posted Hide Post
quote:

posted Hide Post
Did I score coach? .......did I score?
hehe

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Yer gaining fast, Dick. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS! EVERYONE. D..

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave was feeling down about low forum activity, and was going to close the forum a while back for lack of posts. I was one of the low-count posters. I think the forum went two weeks or so with no posts.

Things changed.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
All very interesting.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with where this particular thread is going. I have never felt there is any competition in posting here. There are a few of us who peruse and respond to most every question or notation posted here, and I've always felt this was what this site is for. It only takes a second or 2 to see if you are interested enough to persue the thread, and if not, move on. I, for one, have received far more than I could ever give, and I hope this great site remains as a beacon for Barth owners who realize that being a Barth owner is not a competition, but something we should all take pride in, and welcome all who recognize our coaches.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Danny is right, this shouldn't be a competition.

I scored another point, right?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post