Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth owner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
...was on the look out for Barths on the way and didn't see one can't believe it saw so many rv's but not one Barth!

Freerider,
Barb and I traveled 8,000 miles in the U.S.A. in our Barth this year. We only saw two others (besides the ones at the Black Hills, SD GTG that SteveVW well-documented). One Barth looked like it had simply been sitting in a side yard for sometime; the other was on a 4-lane highway in Wyoming going the other way. We missed, by a day or so, MWrench on his way to Alaska when we traveled south from Oregon to L.A. We didn't see any Barths on Route 5 in California (early July).
So you are right: they are scarce.

Hopefully that situation will change next year when a lot of Barth owners will converge on Milford, IN. Not only will we be among other Barths and their owners (and perhaps an SOB or two Razzer), but we'll be able to talk with some of the folks who built them! Hopefully that prospect will inspire you to come back to the U.S.A. in June next year.

Good luck with your updates!

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
(and perhaps an SOB or two )

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've put 90K miles on my Barth, and other than GTGs and arranged meetings, I've seen 2 Barths, one of which was in the Lowe's parking lot when I was shopping locally. The other was sniboy's (Smith Hicks). That's it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
After purchasing My 1rst Barth 2 mile from home and the second one 5 mile from home I have looked at or located about a dozen other around Dayton. Both D.L. and Homer have bought 28' Regals, There a Euro and a 77 Ford Class C in Beavercreek. 2 Breakaways in Waynesville. The talked about Duromax Breakaway in Sidney. An early 70 with what looks like it missing an engine a few blocks from work. A 70's something that has custom paint and a sprint car wing mounted on it. A 78 25' in Tipp city. A 98 that was one of the last one built.

Also have looked at a 70's 21' that sold and drove by the 28' Larry bought. There is a 79 or 80 for sale about 10 mile south of Dayton in Springboro.

I am surprised that there are that many around here.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well got my grey water tank emptied with a long piece of wire so that's one job done, also took it for its yearly mot inspection and it passed with no problem, hopfully got a trip in the Barth coming up to the island jersey in the next week or so will be taking my jetski along for some surf riding/training so praying for waves.
Still got the exhaust manifold to do but as its no making any noise as the previous owner had put some type of sealant on it so I'll run with it at the mo

Posts: 12 | Location: London uk | Member Since: 08-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also the onan generator starts and runs if I hold the start button on but as soon as I release it it stops? Any ideas what this could be?

Posts: 12 | Location: London uk | Member Since: 08-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well had the r/h exhaust manifold done with no problems no snapped bolts Smiler hopfully the Mecanic can get the generator fixed, was hoping to use the Barth through the winter on my jetski trips but my daughter wants me to sell it and buy a horse box so we can do horse shows and jetski trips with no towing involved, now is there a horse box Barth out there? Lol

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
The old Milford Barth plant is now being used by a company that manufactures horse trailers.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha crazy coincidence but I'll be looking for one in the uk, would like to get the onan fixed before I sell if I can gutted really as I really like this coach such a well built solid bit of kit