Forums    General Discussions    Minnesota?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesota?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Dave, you have been QUIET while a thread on Michigan has been progressing, and I wonder what your thoughts are on touring Minnesota?
I know Michigan has a lot more LAKES than Minnesota, hehehe. Maybe that's because in Michigan they created so manny while making the interstate. Like BORROW pits, etc.

Just wondered about your thoughts.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Heidi ho Dale,

Sorry, can't recommend Northern Minnesota as a place to RV. This ultra liberal state has made it against the law for any animal larger than a jack rabbit to poop in the woods so you can imagine how many RV parks have hook-ups.

We loooovvvveee the Upper Peninsula of MI. It is beautiful for sure, great campgrounds, "Grand Marais, MI" town park. Wisconsin is a dream come true. Lake Chippewa Campground www.lakechip.com Hayward, WI As soon as you go over the line from Minnesota to Wisconsin the temp drops 10-15deg and the bugs die. Except for Madeline Island http://www.nps.gov/apis/ where a black fly carried away my favorite lined, long sleeve flannel shirt.

If you are drawn to Minnesota to see the Mississippi river or Prairie Home Companion plan on seeing the Mississippi River Bluff country, www.bluffcountry.com and the "only" place to stay, because it is the best is the Old Barn Resort www.barnresort.com NO BUGS, because all the water is moving, rivers, no lakes or ponds. Bring your bike, for the Root River Trail.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 14, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't find GRAND MARAIS on a Michigan map? HELP.

Thanks for the info.

On another subject, you have been QUIET on the 40' that was just shown as For Sale?

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Dave, the Old Barn Resort was a great place to camp. We stayed there with Dave, Deb, and the Rangers when Dave ran an awesome Rally. We really enjoyed the bike trail. The golf course was not bad. Dave, we really need a Barthmobile.com rally or get together.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post