Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

well I need 2 new front tires
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
I don't know how I missed the guy but I certainly flat spotted both front tires.

I Malibu CA this AM, driving about 25 MPH, a guy in the left lane (I was in the right lane) darted in front of me to get to a parking space along the beach. Realizing that he had to stop quickly to make it, he slammed on his brakes about 1/2 car length in front of me. I knew he was going to do something funny so I was slowing but when he hit the brakes, OH BOY!

How I missed him I will never know, My wife didn't see any of it, all she asked was "what happened".

Any way, only damage is both front tires have a nasty flat spot and I am sure the tires are junk. It is at least 1/8 inch off in the flat spot. Driving from Malibu to Mojave, about 90 miles, the flat spot is fraying a bit so whether I drive home (300 Miles) after the Mojave Magnum 1.5 mile shootout, remains a question. I may have to change them here.

I was thin king about having then ground down as they do sometimes but5 the tread would be very minimal and not worth the effort or the safety question.

More later

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
How about moving the front tires to the back onto the outside dual and trying to get home? If they blow, at least you have a backup tire next to them.

Or it might not be worth the risk if they are really borderline ....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Especially in the hot weather. Just glad you didn't hit him. He's lucky. Were you able to stop and 'discuss' things with the idiot?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were you able to stop and 'discuss' things with the idiot?
Jim

Ya right, I am sure that would go good. They would probably tell you how you are the idiot. Confused
I just accept the fact that this is their world and I am just trying to live, drive, play, and survive in it.
Glad you didn't hit them though.

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
A guy cut my son off not long ago, so Scott(my son) gave him the horn, and probably a few other signals. At the next light, the guy jumps out of his car, races back to Scott's truck with a baseball bat in hand, and begins to beat on Scott's truck, breaking the driver's window, putting dents in doors. Scott decided that considering he had his 5-year old son in the truck with him, the best part of valor was to leave the scene quickly before the guy killed him. Talk about road rage. Scott got the guys license plate but the police didn't do anything about it because the culprit denied he was even there and the witnesses were long gone.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post