Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My New Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bill, didn't mean to sound cagey...They wouldn't quote a single unit retail, and kept talking about the memory foam mattress that came with it, etc....but for planning purposes I'd figure a little south of $2k......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
but for planning purposes I'd figure a little south of $2k......
Ouch!

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All good information, Thank you, everyone.

Thought it fun to throw you a photo of the crew to show you what I'm up against.

For years now I was thinking I would find a hot rod, something different than a old house to work on and polish. Always though, in the back of my mind, I would think of the kids and how they would all want to take a ride. So then I thought 55 Nomad... Little did I ever think the first "hot rod" I would own would be My Barth. Certainly enough room! a 454! Dual exhaust and Chrome Wheels!

Posts: 9 | Location: oak park il. | Member Since: 06-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful coach and a stunningly beautiful family. Put it all together and you get a bunch of great adventures.

Thank you for being part of our community here.

God Bless and Pleasant Journeys.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Ok...Kwikee was bought and sold at least once and no longer manufactures the pull down style beds. They are located in Mishawaka In. and still offer Rv parts and supplies, just not the beds. Should be easy enough to find in the salvage yards. Thanks to all.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crazyshakespeare13
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the document!

Posts: 69 | Location: Ft. Worth | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Please plan on coming to the Milford GTG in May 2014. You will see several Barths like yours with various floor plans and styles of remodeling, to give you lots of directions to go with your Barth. Don't worry about present condition as many of us have shown up with works in progress and we all like to see and help with suppliers of parts and lots of folks like to show other where the salvage shops and yards are. The prices are good and you can always make a short run from Oak Park to pickup parts and fixtures. We live just off I-80 and the Lincoln Oasis and go the the Elkhart area for short weekends of parts and food finding. Welcome and you mite have the first Lloyd Wirght inspired Barth. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post