Forums    General Discussions    Still out here in ND...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Still out here in ND...
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are enjoying our Barth and have taken it to Bismarck and again to Fargo, logged agout 1000 miles thus far and are very very pleased with the ride, handling and even the fuel milage when I keep my foot out of the carb. To refresh we purchased our 28' 454 at Swenson RV in Minot ND. Of all the rigs there we fell in love with him almost immediately. After finding this site and close inspection of the Barth we were sold, traded off the The Dodge cummins and 30' fifth wheel and have not looked back (no regrets.)I stop by the site on a regular basis and soak up as much as I can. I will be coating the roof this coming week and have upgraded the faucets and a new bathroom sink, this coach is well built, a pleasure to work on. Still have much to do but I look forward to it. Thanks again to all of you for the wealth of information and many thanks to Dave for giving us a place to hang out.

Frank and Judy Mills

Posts: 14 | Location: Minot, ND USA | Member Since: 02-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Frank and Judy! I'm sure
you'll have many miles of enjoyment out of
your Barth. Best of luck in your travels.

Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It's great to hear how a "new" coach has worked out. I followed your purchase and am happy everything is working out OK.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
It's great to hear how a "new" coach has worked out. I followed your purchase and am happy everything is working out OK.

Thanks,

We (wife and 16 yr old son) are leaving for the Black Hills on the 1st of July, taking a week off to enjoy our "new" RV. I am really looking forward to this, it's been a couple of years since my last real vacation/roadtrip. I have a few items to work before we go, nothing major. I'll be taking a couple of motorcycles on a trailer, any advise out there on this would be of great benefit. The rear of our Barth can really rise and fall depending on road conditions, concernes me a bit. It is not significant and seems to ride well, it sits level from end to end (no sag), just first time jitters I think. Thanks all. Best wishes, Frank and Judy.

Posts: 14 | Location: Minot, ND USA | Member Since: 02-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
If that "rise and fall" is a serious bounce, it sounds like bad shocks.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The previous owner of my 1985 Regal, added a leaf in each spring in the rear,and air bags in the rear.(front already has them). It rides and handles better than my 35'Dynasty with 8 airbags.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I am a huge advocate, (I am huge but in this connotation I mean adamant)of the Helwig helper spring. I have them and they are great. Totally adjustable to bring your rear into gear and very reasonably priced.

http://www.hellwigproducts.com/index.html

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks guys,

I'll check out the suspension tips and see if I can get them ordered and on before we go. I really appreciate the advise. Guess if I don't get them on in time I'll just strap the bikes down REALLY well. : )

Frank