Search
Notify
Tools
Wide bodies
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Corey, I believe that your Barth was a wide body. When I was in it in DC, it sure feltlike it was. I drove Speedy Hoyle's monarch it was definitely a wide body. Stringman visited a couple of weeks ago and he had bought Hoyle's Regency, which was a 96 in body, and when he came in mine, he noticed the difference it width. I just measured the width of the small glass on mine and from the inside rubber to rubber it is 5 1/8 inches and the measurement from inside wall to inside wall is 98 1/2 inches. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
quote:

In boxing they call it... "The tale of the tape" Anyone want to measure their Monarch's body width?
I'll bring a tape with me the next time I can get to her after the snow melts - sometime in July. Big Grin

Also thanks for the link to the 1996 Monarch specs, this is really great reference information to have.

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
quote:
"From my own experiences, if you sleep on the foldout bed - sleep with your feet facing the back of the coach"
It won't matter where anyone sleeps or which way their feet face there won't be any way of escaping us old people. Me Mum gets the sofa, me Missus and I get the stateroom and when our son comes along he can crash on the floor on an air mattress unless he wants to bring the tent.

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
If you mount a small, flexible antennae on the passenger side - front (the first part to usually hit anything) it will give you great feedback as to how close things are. The antennae does not need to be attached electronically, you will hear the thwaaangggg as it hits stuff. The idea is to get a visual feedback on when things are close. Otherwise, you may never know what is too low until it's done damage.

Over time, you will actually be able to tell what is too close by the difference in tone of this makeshift device. They are amazingly rugged too.

The antennae needs to be a small, whip style type like would be used for a CB or cell phone. About two to three feet high.

Didn't work for me. I have a Wilson Trucker mounted on the driver side. A recent bushwhacking excursion caused it to hit a branch, be deflected toward the coach, where it engaged a clearance light. Ended up with a broken (irreplaceable) clearance light lens and a broken (irreplaceable) mast on the Trucker.

Everything seems to happen to me.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post