Forums    General Discussions    Something followed me home!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Something followed me home!
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the data tag and the other paperwork Gerald! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Your welcome Bill NY... sorry it wasn't clearer. We have had 60-65 mph wind gusts all day making it a bit chilly! Couldn't keep my hands steady!

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerald:

the PO said that it weight 10 ton. So I am assuming the tag is about 5500 lbs.

The weight borne by the tag axle depends directly on bag pressure.

quote:

Is there some place on the coach that would give me that info? Can't find anything in the literature....

Years ago I sent Dave a copy of the NeWay tag axle manual to share with others. I believe it ended up on the Barthmobile disk, so you should find it there. If it is not there, holler. I have it somewhere.

quote:
Forgot to mention, the tire pressure now is 90 on all tires.. that is where the PO put them when we picked it up.. said that is where he always ran them.. have to check into a little deeper though

That would depend on the wheel weight and the exact tire you have, but it sounds pretty close.

BTW, weigh each wheel and record the weight. Then use the most heavily loaded wheel to set the pressure for both wheels on that axle. Duals count as one wheel.

Standard Disclaimer: All Barths Are Not the Same

My 30T has a NeWay tag axle, and it is likely that yours does, as well.

Another thing for tag owners........the tag brakes are a separate system with only a pressure sensing line connecting the controller to the P30 system. Search for posts by me here for info. Any questions not answered there, holler.

A quick and dirty way to determine if your tag axle brakes are braking is to bleed down the air bags and go for a short drive. At the first stop sign, you should feel some shuddering as they start to lock up with no downward force to apply traction.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information bill.. I asked the PO where he kept the tag psi. He said that he asked several people including some truckers and they couldn't give him a standard answer. He kept it at 23 psi. Does that sound right? The passenger side has a slow leak, had to pump it up every couple of hundred miles. Pretty easy with the inside control. Plan on fixing that first. I have the Barth CD so I will look for the tag information there... thanks again, really appreciate it... Gerald

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerald:
Thanks for the information bill.. I asked the PO where he kept the tag psi. He said that he asked several people including some truckers and they couldn't give him a standard answer. He kept it at 23 psi. Does that sound right?

Close. The manual says, "Air pressure not to exceed 21 psi with single wheels". But, your axle might be a later spec. Some users report using a higher pressure, though, experiencing better handling that way. I believe that is because the higher tag bag pressure is raising the rear up to its design height, before sag set in. Raising the rear ride height brings the caster into spec, so handling would definitely improve. P30s are VERY sensitive to caster. Search for my posts on caster and alignment. Perhaps the older single wheel axle had a bearing that should not support more weight, and the later ones were either upgraded or up-spec'd. So far, we have heard nothing about an overloaded bearing burning up and spinning in the housing.

quote:
The passenger side has a slow leak, had to pump it up every couple of hundred miles. Pretty easy with the inside control. Plan on fixing that first.

Mine has a leak, too. Been that way for my ten years of ownership. I installed a pump and a pressure switch, which are powered by the solar-charged batteries, so it kicks in every so often.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Years ago I sent Dave a copy of the NeWay tag axle manual to share with others. I believe it ended up on the Barthmobile disk, so you should find it there. If it is not there, holler. I have it somewhere.
We have that info in the forum Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics - See the Barthmobile Attachments For Downloading post. Look at...

30) Neway Tandem Air 3rd Axle Air Suspension System - 1,927 KB

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Thanks bill, Bill NY, this wonderful site and the people on it are absolutely the greatest...it is without a doubt one of the major reasons why I bought another Barth!! Smiler

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB