Forums    General Discussions    Why a Barth ??????
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Why a Barth ??????
 Login now/Join our community

<jcsburke>
posted
Hello Barth-addicts. While shopping for a motorhome I came across a Barth. Not knowing anything about them, I looked around a bit and ended up at this website. I see that there must be something special about these coaches. My only experience was as a full timer in a 1993 34’ Bounder for 24 months. Many of the chassis/power plants I see in the Barths are similar to that of the Bounder. They both have the same creature comforts (a/c, heat, bath, kitchen, etc.). Other that the fact that the Barth looks way cool compared to most other coaches (especially the old ones), what is it that warrants enough dedicated followers that a web site evolved around them? WHY do I want a Barth? Thanks in advance for any info. Jon

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon,

Keeping in mind that Barth went out of business in 1998, and that any Barth you will be looking at will have some time and miles on it. You generally can't buy a coach which has a better costruction than the Barth. I have some photos below that will show you the kind of construction we are talking about. I will also email you an article which appeared in the RV industry magazine which explains the corporate attitude which guided Barth.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post