Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Engine front area access on a Euro
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/11
Picture of Manuel B
posted
On all the other Barths I see a removable grille or access panels to the front, I don't see the same ease of getting to the radiator, belts, A/C parts, and front of engine because of the fiberglass center section of the Euro nose, I'm talking to a seller that a previous owner removed the A/C condenser and compressor, how do you get in to work on the front area of the Euro ?.
I thought I would gather the A/C components while the weather was cool and be ready for next Summer, but now I wonder how people get in to work on them ?. The coach lives in Indiana, but I live in Alabama.

Posts: 67 | Location: Alabama | Member Since: 04-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
You can reach the AC comp and cond through the doghouse. I removed mine doing the water pump, as I never used it and don't think it worked anyways. I figure if it's hot enough to need it the dash air won't do much good anyway, and the roof air running on the genny probably uses about the same as having everything hooked up full time. I replaced the radiator, oil cooling lines, and water pump, all throught the doghouse and underneath. Removing the nose would probably be the way to replace the engine, but I haven't had to do that...yet.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
We have used the Barth in middle of summer and coming back from southern Illinois in 103 heat we were comfortable with the dash air and the sliding door closed to the rear half of the coach. we use the dash fans to help move the air. Cool All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
we are running the generator and the roof A/C going down the road. Works fine, maybe a dash fan helps to move the air better. But you do not need the dash air.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post