Tools
Reply To This Topic

nylon curtain carriers - snap in type
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
Does anyone know if they stopped making the nylon or plastic curtain carriers - snap in type that fit the Barth curtain runners?

I'm talking about the curtain carriers that snap onto the wrap around curtain for the windshield.

I went to my local RV store and bought a blister pack of 14 of them I thought would fit, however the hole for the snap was too small, and the thing was a little too wide for the slide.

The package was from JR Products part # 81455
and called Type E Snap in Curtain Carrier.

I will be taking these back and just thought maybe someone knows if they still make them and what type they may be. This package was the only style in had in the store.

I went to close the curtain and had about twelve of them break off the track. It appears the heat has made them very brittle over the years.

Capt Jim
1985 Barth Regency

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Just an update for everyone with an older Barth.

Checked on the internet and went back to the RV store about the curtain carriers.
The ones on my Barth are no longer used or made.
With that said , some shop may have some left over in a drawer, somewhere.

I solved my problem by removing the extra ones from the track that seperates the front of the coach from the back. We never had a curtain there. After fixing the problem I ended up with three left over.

I sprayed silicone lub on the curtain track and those little things sure slide good now.

Capt Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Is this it? If not they have some others too.
http://www.vintagetrailersuppl...rriers_p/vts-293.htm

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Bill,

No thats not the ones. I had checked that site and they did not have them.

They look a little like the Type E snap in curtain carriers. However upon checking the snap hole on the new ones were smaller and the slide part was wider. The old ones (org.) have a raised section for the snap and the new ones don't.

The guy at the RV store said there just not listed anywhere. Like he said someone may have some left over in a drawer somewhere---but where?

Thanks for searching,
Capt Jim

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
a picture is better than words for a description Smiler

why don't you show us what you mean with a close up foto!!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post