Tools
Reply To This Topic

Connection issues with BM
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
I'm not sure what happened, but yesterday I found I could not get on Barthmobile. Today, same thing - just a page saying not found.

I realized I could get on with my Blackberry, so I then used my Blackberry as an aircard and was able to get here with no problem. Is it possible Brighthouse Road Runner (my normal internet provider) has blocked BM for some reason? I wonder if others are experiencing the same problem but could not find a work around???

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
For a while yesterday I couldn't make contact, but got on later in the day with no problems since.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to try about 6-7 times over an hour or two period of time before i could get on.... no problems with any other of the other sites that i go to.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I think it was down all day... At least to me it was.... But it seems fine now at 7:00pm Sat.... I didnt notice any problems yesterday but I was rather busy....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is back up now. Very weird that I could access it through the ATT aircard and not RoadRunner???

While I was trying to find a way on, I searched the key word "Barthmobile" on Google. The first few hits are legit Barthmobile links, but there's this website http://www.cafepress.com/barthmobile offering all sorts of Barth items including calendars that have pictures of members. Bill, are you aware of these guys or are they pirates?

More troubling was a link to Illogical Art, who claim to have created the Barthmobile site. That part doesn't bother me, but read the script!

With this website, I worked with the client to create a look reminiscent of a Barth brand motor home. I also had to consider special circumstances when designing this page: Most Barth owners are elderly, and most browse the Internet via wireless connections while on the road. Therefore, I made sure that the site was bright, bold, and easy-to-navigate, while at the same time making sure it would load quickly even on slow connections.

I, for one, am not elderly -nor do I consider anyone that can pilot a 5 to 50 ton rig down the road. Mature, yes - elderly wack

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have not had a problem myself - sent in a report to my service provider anyway.
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Bill, are you aware of these guys or are they pirates?
This is us.
quote:
More troubling was a link to Illogical Art, who claim to have created the Barthmobile site.
This site was started by Dave Bowers with the help of his daughters friend, Rachel.

Read this post for more info.

She designed the front page. I've left it up for now, but have been seriously contemplating changing it for something else.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
YAAAA! I'm back in. I was out from 4 pm yesterday to this evening. This is on FIOS.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This site was started by Dave Bowers with the help of his daughters friend, Rachel.

Well, I guess to a 16 year old we are all elderly (over 30).

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
FWIW: Corey, you're still a whippersnapper to me...Big Grin

(You're probably too young to know what a "whippersnapper" is...)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's the opposite of "old codger"....right?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, pretty much!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine is back up now. Very weird that I could access it through the ATT aircard and not RoadRunner???

Weird, indeed. I could not get on yesterday afternoon or this morning on RoadRunner. Didn't try Verizon. Interestingly enough, RoadRunner itself went down for a coupla hours yesterday in the neighborhood. My neighbors lost their VOIP phone, too, as a result.

Roadrunner came back up in an hour or two, but this site was a "Bad URL" for a few hours before and perhaps 20 hours afterward.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I sent a report ticket in and was told
quote:
Hi, Bill:

Our operations team wasn't able to find that there was an issue on our end: we had no notifications, we had no other complaints, and we don't host your DNS. It sounds as if it was a problem with specifically Roadrunner customers?

Is anyone still having the issue?
I was then directed to the company that has our DNS
quote:
Register.com DNS Issues, (Sat, Nov 13th)

We have received serveral reports indicating that www.register.com is experience DNS issues.They posted on their site:We are currently experiencing technical difficulties on our hosting platform. We are actively working to resolve these issues and restore service to normal as soon as possible.

http://www.computersecurityart...issues-sat-nov-13th/

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is anyone still having the issue?

I would guess that those who can't connect will not respond.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
DNS issues

I suppose that there is at least one other among us with the same amount of minimal computer knowledge as I,could DNS mean something like domain name service?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post