Reply To This Topic

Goodbye
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted
Dave,

You changed my life in a ways you could have never known when you started Barthmobile.com. I was doing lots of research from 2001 until July of 2003 about buying a motorhome. I found your site during that time and I bought my Barth off the site in July of 2003. I bought it as a result of the info and support I received here.

I have checked this site almost daily since then and have laughed at some of the silly things our members write and suffered with the sad stories when they came. Mostly, however, I have benefited immeasurably from the wealth of information provided by the members.

This is all credited to you Dave. Thank you.

You committed much to keep the site up and running and bore the financial burden to a greater extent then you should have. You will really be missed.

I wish you God's speed and "Pleasant Journeys".

Bill Goodwin

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Dear Dave,
There are no words sufficient to express my appreciation for your dedication to the Barthmobile website and to the larger picture of bringing together hundreds, if not thousands, of people who would otherwise never have met each other. These people have become a real family and being part of that family has had an incalculable impact on their lives. This is the real legacy you have left.
My hope and desire is that this is not "goodbye" and that we will continue to hear from you on a regular basis, wherever you might be. And until you find your next Barth, anytime you want to take my 85 Regal anywhere, it's yours. I really mean it.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Dave

Thanks for all the time and money you have invested in this site! You will be missed.I can't remember how I found this site about 3 years ago, but for constant surfing on the web, I somehow stumbled on to it.I have not purchased yet but am wanting a coach for this winter as I want to be in the South somewhere.When I talk to people about my passion for a Barth coach they don't understand why it has to be that brand ( they don't know the qualities)and why don't I buy one that has slides??? We all know!!=QUALITY!

Bill,NY is a great choice as his background is a reliable source of information on the how to,why,what,where's,etc.!! Welcome,Bill!

Keep in touch on the site, Dave!

Cheers,

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

I found this site earlier this year while doing a search for information on Barth Custom Coaches. Somewhere in the past, I became a Barth fan even though I hardly ever ran into anyone that knew much about them. That is until I found this wonderful site that you raised from infancy to where it is today.

Since I found this site, I realized all the people with knowledge about these great coaches were growing within these web walls all along. The more I read, the more I knew the reason I had fallen in love with these awesome motorhomes. In May, I took my own "Nestea Plunge" and bought our Stagecoach. The site you have built has given me and everyone here a place to learn more about their motorhome or the one they wanted to own. It also gave us a place to fellowship, something that is desperately needed in the world we live in today. It has even given some of the more knowledgeable people here, a forum to pass on the knowledge that is so very valuable to us all whether it be their own life experiences in a Barth or "how to's", "don't do's." and "must do's."

Even though I am fairly new to this forum and group of quality minded people, I want to say I will miss you but I won't. I don't believe for a minute that we have heard the last of you unless you have lost your computer skills and the ability to type as you head into semi-retirement.

I know we all look forward to hearing of your travels and adventures in this next phase of your life. Don't be a stranger as some of us want to live vicariously through you and this new road trip. We expect to hear from you, especially during the slow winter months so that we might go along with you if only by postings.

As Bill G said, "GOD speed" and you are in our prayers.

To Bill NY,

I know that this site must have been left in expert stewardship. We are all behind you and look forward to this site continuing along the same path, towards excellence, quality and fellowship.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Dave
I would like to add my name to those listed above. Thank you so much for starting this site. I saw a Barth in a BassPro parking lot 4 years ago and went home to find out more about this "different" looking RV.
Of course there was, and still is, only one site on the internet that is the place to go ... BARTHMOBILE.COM! Life would not be the same without it.
Thank you and all the best in the future.
Don Leaming

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
To Bill NY,

I know that this site must have been left in expert stewardship. We are all behind you and look forward to this site continuing along the same path, towards excellence, quality and fellowship.
I've got some mighty big boots to fill. I hope I can live up to, and exceed everyone's expectations.

Dave asked me to take over the website last year. We were in talks and had even initiated the transfer when he had a "change of heart". This time around, when he asked me, I said yes again. From the time he asked, until the time he started to transfer the website and send out the emails it was less then 24hrs.

I am not going to say that I was surprised this time. I kind of saw it coming. I thought that I would have more time, but that's life. Roll with it or get jolted. I still haven't told the wife... and we all know that she's the only one I'm afraid of! Big Grin

What will the future hold for Barthmobile.com? I am sure many of you would like to know my intentions. To be honest with you... I'd like to know too.

For now, we'll leave things as is. Dave has done an excellent job with minimal oversight. Let's face it, we're all comfortable as it is now and everyone seems to play in the Barthmobile.com sandbox nicely.

I'm willing to take any and all suggestion via private messages, email or even a phone call. If we could run this website together and police it amongst ourselves in the past I see no reason for drastic changes.

Bill H. has done an excellent job and many thanks go out to him. I really don't know how hard it is to run a Forum type of website, but I'll learn. I need to crawl first, please be patient with me. [thick Italian accent] I may be from "New York", but, it ain't the city up here. [/end thick Italian accent]

Dave, thank you! Please keep us updated and check back often.

I will make a promise:
I promise to do my best, I will try to make this place your virtual home away from home. I love this site, and I hope others feel comfortable with me.

Northern Yankee
Italian New Yorker
1991 Barth Regal Owner
New "Host" of the Barthmobile.com website

And, I hope, to be your friend. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Dave,
It is my belief that one should never say goodbye.....just see 'ya later! Though we never met, I ,like so many others, must thank you for your time and effort you put into this website. Without it, I may have never realized the real story and appreciated what Barth accomplished when building their coaches. It was my driving force in purchasing a Barth for my first RV. And because of this website, I feel that I have made an excellent choice. Yourself and those that have surrounded you on this site have made the ownership of a Barth pleasureable. Hope to see your valuable input at times along the way. And, as an owner of a Breakaway, I hope that not too far in the future you run across a deal for one that drives you back to the place where you belong...behind the wheel of a Barth.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Dave:

Thank you for sending me the email yesterday evening explaining your decision to have Mr. Bill Napoli take over the responsibility for the Barthmobile domain.

Hi Bill. I hope the amout of work and money required to keep this site up and active do not become a burden.

While I constantly hear about the power of the internet, I think it is easy to forget that the internet is simply a tool; an elegant tool but a tool none the less. The power of this medium is the culmination of the efforts of thoughtful and proactive people like you Dave and now Bill. Dave, I hope one day to meet you and your wife in person.

Dave, your efforts have done much to enhance my life by introducing me to Barth products; without your hard work and the contributions of the people that put the site together I do not think I would have discovered Barth Motor-homes. The people you and your web site have introduced me to have also done much to make my life a real joy.

Please accept my best wishes:

Timothy O’Brien

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Dave Just a sincere "Thanks" from the Old Man

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I wish Dave and Bill N Y (That's "N Y" as in "Noo Yawk" - although Bill doesn't tawk as if he's from Da City) the best.

As for this forum, I was somewhat familiar with Barths, having discovered them a couple of years before discovering Barthmobile.com.

Nevertheless, I found StaRV II here on the forum (only 150 miles away), saving me a flight to Seattle to look at was probably a roach coach. StaRV II, OTOH, was scrupulously maintained and upgraded by its prior owner.

So to quote a contemporary HVAC ad, "Attaboy, Dave!"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Dave:
I can only imagine how much work the website needs and thank you for providing a common place for Barth owners to congregate, communicate and commiserate! I hope that you will stay in touch with the "group" and let us know how you are getting along from time to time! Of course, if there is a Barth in your future, --well who knows--? God Bless and auf Wiedersehn!!

Bill NY,
What ever support you need to keep this site going, please make sure that you let us know, either on the site or by private email. You should not carry the full burden of the site alone, this is a "community" and as such we should all take some responsibility!

I also knew of Barth well before I came across this site. However, it was thru this site that I found the Barth that I was looking for, for 5 years. Now after 1 1/2 years of ownership and well over 20K miles, I am enjoying RV travel and activities better then ever! Yes, my Barth needed some attention and still does as it approached 100K miles, but it is a platform that I don't mind putting in the required effort and $$$$ because it probably will outlast me if I do the job correctly!

Once again, THANKS!!!!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
Dave Thank you so much for the wonderful job you have done.I have really appreciated the information you have got for me.I wish you well.
ill thanks for taking on this forum so we can all be togther it is appreciated.

Proud owner of a 1975 classic class C

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post