Soon To Be a Barth Owner - Advice
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nowell:
It's a Front door better or worse?

It is not as structurally sound, and could collapse more readily if struck on that corner in a collision.

Since all openings can have wind noise, it could bother the driver or the passenger.

It is handier for the driver getting in and out at stops.

It is not as handy to travel back and forth through the living room to go outside. This is most noticeable when cooking outside, eating outside or entertaining outside. You know, bringing food, drinks, snacks, etc.

Side doors usually have screen doors. This is a consideration if you have bugs to keep out or pets to keep in.

A side door is usually more under the awning than a front door.

the passenger in a side door coach usually sits farther back.

A guest sleeping on the folded-out couch is in the way of traffic flow with a front door.

NOTE: This list is from a person who prefers a side door, so shows a little bias.

Perhaps a front door fan will post to give you a balance.

quote:
Seller told me tires 6 years old and serviced last year about 3000 miles ago.

Tires that are driven regularly are safer than tires that sit for weeks or months at a time. My feelings of the safety of 6 year old tires would depend on my knowledge of how often they were driven.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I passed on the Barth, but thank you all for your kind input!

Posts: 8 | Location: NJ | Member Since: 11-06-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Nowell, could you tell us what made you pass on this Barth? Was it a condition problem that you saw when you actually put eyes on it or did you not think it had the towing capacity you needed?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Towing concern only

Posts: 8 | Location: NJ | Member Since: 11-06-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post