Search
Notify
Tools
Rookie RV'er and I started with a Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
The photos Bob sent me last October showed considerable corrosion causing blistering under the paint. It is not paint failure, per se. The breakaway I ended up with also has considerable corrosion along the very bottom. The photos also showed the ladder ripped of the back. One of those should be fairly easy to get or have made. As for tires, pre-metric tires are practically becoming obsolete for 19.5". When I was at Wingfoot in Lansing about my .150" out-of-round steering tire, I learned there is only one Goodyear 19.5 tire for motorhomes, G670RV. It is available only in metric sizes -- 225 & 245/70.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/13
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
My wheels are a 22.5" rim. So I think there a few more available for that size. Yes you are right about the ladder being ripped off of the back. I just used my ladder from home to get up there till I find a replacement. Any suggestions on where to find a ladder. Did you do anything to remedy the issue with the rust under the paint. I was just going to take one section at a time and stip, prime and paint a little at a time. Was there any other reasons you decided not to buy the Barth from Bob that I need to be aware of.

Thanks

Rodney

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Allison 4 speed w/ air shifter
Gillig Chassis
7.5KW Onan Diesel Generator
Click for Charleston, South Carolina Forecast

Posts: 81 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID(United States Navy) | Member Since: 01-01-2011Report This Post
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of swithes and things of the sort that I am not sure what they do so I will throw them out there and let me know if you have an idea of what they do. Thanks in advance.

White switch?

Floor switch?

Remco switch?

Battery compartment door switches?

speed adjustment?

Thanks in advance guys

Rodney

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 81 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID(United States Navy) | Member Since: 01-01-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of Andrew
posted Hide Post
The floor switch is for your bright headlamps. The Remco switch would've been for an aux brake system for a toad.

quote:
When I was at Wingfoot in Lansing about my .150" out-of-round steering tire, I learned there is only one Goodyear 19.5 tire for motorhomes, G670RV. It is available only in metric sizes -- 225 & 245/70.

Mogan - I just had the Goodyear G647 in the 8r 19.5 put on up front. The main difference from the G670 is that it doesn't have the special UV protection.

1978 P32 w/454
s7708 2284 MC27 S-3

My dad makes me wanna Barth!

Posts: 20 | Location: Saranac Lake, NY | Member Since: 09-01-2010Report This Post
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
this switch too? I understand that it is for the domestic battery but how does it fit into the electrical distribution of the coach. As an electrician I just have to know these things because it will bug me if I don't

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Gillig Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
On mine the switch on the floor is the headlight dimmer switch.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sk8er32283:
I have a lot of swithes and things of the sort that I am not sure what they do...
White switch?
Floor switch?
Remco switch?
Battery compartment door switches?
speed adjustment?
On my coach the white switch is for the electrical element in the hot water heater - it is only hot when you are plugged into shore power or the genny is running. Make sure you have water in the electric hot water heater tank or you'll wind up replacing the element.

Floor switch should be high/low beam headlights

Remco - toad brakes

Battery switch is for your alarm system.

Speed??? Possible High idle switch... guess???

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Rodney, your going to love this answer because the coaches are so custom the differences from coach to coach is enormous.

I have a Regency and it has three of the switches you pictured that are 120V and have a red indicator light to show when they are turned on. The one over the door near the monitor panel operates a heater in the water tank compartment to prevent freezing. That heater plugs into an outlet under the couch that is controlled by the switch. The heater is also thermostatically controlled. A second switch of that type mounted over the drivers seat on the outside wall controls an engine block heater. A third switch of that type mounted on the kitchen cabinets controls the 120V operation of the hot water heater.

Speed adjustment controls the "speed" that the search light sweeps side to side when operated.

The Main 12V ON/OFF Switch completely turns of all 12v power from the house batteries.

I have owned my Regency for about 4 years and finally know what every switch controls. Don't get in a hurry, it takes a while.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Another 2 cents for you Rodney. Most jive with Nick & Bill
The white near the control center I wish I had if it is the water heater. I will be putting one in. Mine just plugs in at the base of the bed.
The speed is the speed contol for the spotlight.
The main switch would be like the one next to my door that shuts all the 12 volt from the coach batteries.
Hope you are having fun with it. I have been doing for the last 2 months and am running out of things to figure out. I'm sure I'll come up with more. ROTFLMAO

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Report This Post
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
kinda off topic from my previous qustions but how did you guys make the custom signature boxes at the bottom of your post with the Barth descriptions and pics and stuff. Thanks for all the replies. I am going through with masking tape and a pin and labeling everything until I can get a semi professional looking label maker. Thanks again guys I can tell that I am in the right forum for our unique coaches.

Rodney

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Gillig Chassis

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Go to the portal page. Click on "your profile settings". You can create/edit your personal profile there. It really helps for questions because everyone knows which of the many chassis, engine types you have. Nice coach you have!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Go to the portal page. Click on "your profile settings". You can create/edit your personal profile there.
Setting Up A Signature Profile

Here are some other tutorials to look over.
How Did You Do That?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your purchase and welcome! It seems that you have purchased a very nice coach (it's a Barth!) at a very nice price. And yes, even Barth's need tweeking once the new owner takes possession....
As far as tires are concerned, keep in mind that the tires will be replaced because of age well before milage unless you are out full timing in the coach. Therefore, a good quality tire that is less expensive than Goodyear or Michelin is not a bad way to go. I put 19.5 Sumitomos on Barth I (30') and they are still on it and are providing the new owner with a good usable tire to this date. I now have 22.5 Michelins on Barth II (33') because the local dealer gave me an incredible deal on them. If anyone is in the northeast part of this country and in need tires, I stongly recommend a company called Service Tire.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have owned my Regency for about 4 years and finally know what every switch controls.

It's time for you to trade Nick Big Grin

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post