Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

He said it followed him home. 19' 1973 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
What is this and why is it here? Imagine my surprise to find out that this little motorhome was a Hoosier just like me. In fact, I was living in South Bend when it was 'born.' He, the husband unit, got it for the motor yesterday, unseen, but when he drove the little Barth home, I took one look and realized it belonged with us in total. We seem to be the caretakers of the orphans with the Barth taking its' place with our 8 Corvairs. So, he is off to find another motor for his project. A quick look up on-line to see what I could find about the little Barth brought me here. Now we need help.
Where can we find the history of the Barth Company? Where can we locate info about this model? What would cause the pop rivets to "POP" out of the cowling around the front and what can be used to replace them? Stainless steel screws?
It sure was great to find this site. And thanks for any help anyone can offer.
The wife unit - Pam

Posts: 7 | Location: Brooksville, FL USA | Member Since: 05-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Is is it a class C?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill H,
Thanks for your reply. No, it is not a Class C. It is an "A". Maybe not 19'. That was just an estimate. But, it is not like any of the pictures I have seen on the gallery. Thanks. Pam

Posts: 7 | Location: Brooksville, FL USA | Member Since: 05-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Well, anyway, welcome to the forum. A Barth is too nice to cannibalize for an engine. Got a picture?

I think Dave has had his front re-riveted.

Eight Corvairs, huh? Had a few, too. Last one had Salih barrels and was tri-ported with two three-barrelled Webers.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Ahhh... the memories !!! Between my jr. and sr. year of high school i took a trip with our math teacher in a 65 covair from Seattle to Montreal for expo 67. We then went to the Maine coast and then did the NY, Boston, and DC. thing, then went to Ill. where we picked up my younger sister and headed west till we hit Idaho and went to Salt Lake City and SF. before heading up the coast back to Seattle. Hot that summer, it was the year of the riots and after we got home i saw on tv a gas station in Detroit that we had stopped in had gone up in flames a day after we had been there. We were gone for 45 days and camped out the whole time, and besides that gear we also had a tv, wetsuit and tank, and a black lab with us....and no ac. Got a little crowded at times and was hot most of the time but boy what a great trip for a 16 year old to go on. Have never owned one but have always had a fondness for covairs in spite of being a ford man......

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shadowman,
Hey, I made that same trip in '67, but I started from Indiana. Took my Dad's Corvair to DC, NYC, Philly and then up to Montreal for the EXPO and back through Detroit. It really was hot that summer as I recall. I think it was between my Freshman and Sophomore years in highshool. What a vehicle. Thanks for the memories.

posted Hide Post
Dave,
Thanks for the info. It sure would be nice to see a '73 to know what in/on ours' is not the real thing. There are some places that look like things have been added. I will e-mail you for more info about the man in Dunellon. Thank you very much. Pam