Forums    General Discussions    Barth as a Guest House?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth as a Guest House?
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Does anyone else have hot and cold running relatives over the holidays, including living in their Barth? It's just starting and we are already getting stressed. And, Penn State is playing in the Rose Bowl, so we have some alum relatives coming out for that. Drat! We had planned on leaving town before the New Year.

Heck, I feel like I am trespassing when I want to do some fiddling on the Barth. This is complicated by the need to get ready for our two months in AZ and the removal and relocating of all three solar panels.

And Susan is stressed over loading it up.

AAAARRGH!

Just felt like complaining. Frowner

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
The brother in law and family will be using ours as their guest house for a couple of days over the holidays. Our daughter and son in law get a bedroom in the house as she is expecting to deliver our first grand child in Feb and grandma gets our other spare bedroom due to seniority.
Oh yah, and the brother in law will also be bringing their new addition, a Labrador pup that should be about 11 or 12 weeks old by then. And of course, the daughter and son in law will bring their 10 month old yellow Labrador too!! Should be lots of fun!
Due to the arrival of a new grandchild, looks like we won't be off to Arizona 'til near the end of February.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Does anyone else have hot and cold running relatives over the holidays....Stressed...

Whoa! How would you feel if none of these folks wanted to come? And you were alone OVER THE HOLIDAYS? One never knows how Grandchirren/Brother-Sisternlaws/Nephews/Cousins/Classmates think but you must be held in very high regard by all, and I imagine shared memories feature you now and will long into the future. You are fortunate; this is the kind of "problem" many folks dream of.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
"Does anyone else have hot and cold running relatives over the holidays....Stressed...

Whoa! How would you feel if none of these folks wanted to come? And you were alone OVER THE HOLIDAYS? One never knows how Grandchirren/Brother-Sisternlaws/Nephews/Cousins/Classmates think but you must be held in very high regard by all, and I imagine shared memories feature you now and will long into the future. You are fortunate; this is the kind of "problem" many folks dream of.

Very true.

I have also had a few pretty bleak Christmases, as well. Thinking of them makes me thankful for what I do have.

Thanks for the perspective.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My Barth is a guest house over the holidays - for Maggie, Casey and me; my sister doesn't have a spare bedroom (it's her hubster's office).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post