Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth owner
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi everyone. Became a Barth owner 2 weeks ago by chance. Wife and I decided one day to consider looking for a small motor home. Within about 10 miles there was this big shinny bus for sale alongside the road. We looked at each other and said that is not what we want, first it's to big. We were not looking for a diesel and we were looking for something in the early 2000s.

We decided to stop and look at it, only to start getting ideas of what we may want.

Long story short we are the proud owners of a beautiful 1993 Barth Breakaway.

Picked it up 2 days later and headed out that weekend for a 750 mile trip around the UP of Michigan, with the grandchildren from AZ.

Meant to be! Paid for itself in memories already. All the rest to come are just a bonus.

A lot of information here to sort through.

Joe

Posts: 12 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 07-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
You really don't know yet how lucky you are to own a Barth ...and how helpful people are on this site are... Post pics of your barth's data tag that's on the drivers side wall above your left shoulder ...And your trip... Congrats and welcome to barthmobile....

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Congrats Joe, you bought yourself a great coach, Welcome to Barthmobile. We'd love to see pictures of your new coach.

Where in Michigan are you located? We are in lower Southwest Michigan, Watervliet to be exact. Enjoy your UP trip love it up there.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Located in Central Michigan, Shepherd. About one
hour straight north of Lansing on 127.

Joe & Sandi

Posts: 12 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 07-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Welcome from a fellow Wolverine cheers
headed to the UP soon with my coach (and my MINI)

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the best website on the net, for Barth owners . Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
Joe,

It sounds like your Breakaway is about like ours. 1993, 33', Cummins powered with Allison 6 speed tranny.

Welcome to the website/forums.

BTW, you folks in MI can have your own GTG. It seems like there are a few Barth owners up there in your state.

Don

1993 Breakaway 33'. Cummins 6BTA5.9 with Bosch injection. Upped to 260 HP or so. Third owner.

"If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well!!" Cummings Law

Posts: 140 | Location: Central New Mexico | Member Since: 04-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Another Wolverine Barth! Thumbs Up Welcome to the site. If you cruise through Kalkaska stop for a visit. (A Michigan GTG indeed! hmm)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
(A Michigan GTG indeed! )

Indeed!

Steve,

Loraine and I need to cruse up your way and pay you guys a visit. We want to plan a trip up to the UP so we would be cruising right past your homestead. Haven't set a date yet.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bring it on! I should be home most all of August. It would be good to see you again.

We'll have to do a fall GTG! Not sure what Jeff & Joy or Dick & Rose are up to… some others as well… hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fall GTG would be great, Darryl and Kathy Smith might be interested we almost got together with them a couple weekends ago. But Darryl ended up having to work.

I hate work getting in the way of having fun. We have plans for a wedding second weekend in August and the weekend of Sept 18-20th we'll be at a Antique Festival in Midland. We'll be using the Barth for both of those weekends.

I'm on call every third weekend so I have to schedule around that. Work getting in the way again. Frowner