Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HOLDING TANKS
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
DID BARTH EVER MAKE ANY regals with inclosed holding waste tanks for colder areas ? I just want to keep my 1976 out of storage as long as possible.
THANKS RALPH

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about OEM heated tanks but here is a link to blankets which will keep tanks from freezing:
http://www.ultraheat.com

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My 33' '90 Regal SE. rear bath, has the gray water tank on the street side, and the black water tank on the curb side, both in closed compartments insulated with 1/2" foil-faced foam. Heat from the rear furnace, and the motor aided heater, is ducted into the gray water tank compartment, a 4" abs pipe crosses to the other tank, and there's a vent in the floor of the curb-side closet to allow air to circulate back into the coach.

Unfortunately. both tanks have been replaced, with consequent destruction of most of the insulation. One more project on my list of "some day" items.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I use a gallon of pink RV antifreeze divided between the gray and black tanks, and dump them, at when less than 1/3 full, until tward the end of December, when it just gets too cold to fool with it anymore. I heat the inside until that time also. I also drive it, normally at least once a week, until snow makes it not a good idea to go for rides.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I never store mine, I just empty the tanks one last time and then I have one of those

<> Hydro-flush things so I wash the tank out really good. That's the way it stays until spring.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 24, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The Hydro Flush is a neat thing. The Flush King is neater. The Hydro Flush can be converted to act like a Flush King pretty easily. Parts at local RV dealer.

I glued a female adapter to the Hydroflush and bolted a valve and male adapter to it. As you can see, I filed notches in the female adapter to fit the nubs on the Hydroflush, but you could also just cut the nubs off the Hydroflush.

I have a picture in MSWord, which Imagestation will not accept, so will send on request if you can open Word.

To use, connect, close the Hydroflush valve, open the RV valve and use the hose to fill your tanks full, as a full tank dumps best. Then dump black, then gray. Repeat to rinse.

This makes it like a Flush King.

Really quick.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post