Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hillsborough River State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted
My daughter, SIL and grand kids just got back from a stay at Hillsborough River. They said that last Monday the weather report was bad so they loaded up the car and went to Zypherhills for the morning. When they got back the rain was finished but they could see where the high water mark was on the camper. They lost their coolers and all their fire wood. The water had reached 14" deep according to the crud on the side of the camper. They were in site 44 which is real close to where we all stayed. When they returned the water on their site was still about 6" deep. They found their cooler back in the woods stuck in some brush but the fire wood was gone. I'm glad we went in December.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
makes 14" of snow sound a lot better Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pcfousj
posted Hide Post
I live about 4 miles from the Park, we got 2.5" of rain Monday, a trace tues. and another 1/4" this morning, just good old Fl. weather.

1993 Breakaway Front Entry
Cummins 6BTA5.9 190HP Allison AT 542
Spartan Chassis Model No. EC 2242
9207 3810 30BS-11B

Posts: 17 | Location: Antioch, Fl. | Member Since: 12-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I live about 4 miles from the Park

.........could have walked to the GTG

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post