Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Class C
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi all looking for a Class C Barth. Camper must be straight and exterior complete.Condition of interior, Cab and chassis are not important. Have truck and trailer can pick up if not running.

A 4x4 overland duramax allison Barth build in the works.

Peace!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Gibsons BC | Member Since: 05-11-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Looks like what your looking for, Class C

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Already sent an email, Houston is a bit of a haul from British Columbia but I'm always up for a road trip,if I can't find one hiding in WA or OR.

Cheers!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Gibsons BC | Member Since: 05-11-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
OK LCK. That's a killer idea. I want to check this build out.

I was wondering if the added 4x4 along with presumed wheeling would be too much frame flex for the uni-cab to handle? Hate to see all that work get flexed out and buckle somewhere.

What we did back in the day was take valve springs and put them in the body bolts for both lift and or flex. If the springs are used like washers you maintain ride height and increase body/frame flex. You get the idea.

The only reason I mention this is because Ford I think it was 1961 did a uni-cab design where the cab was part of the bed and they had buckling issues.

Perhaps a bit of food for thought for the build. Perhaps not.

Either way I wanna see it. That's a great idea.

Cheers
Meric

Here is one in CA
http://www.usedrvs4sale.co/det...aDaHCeauNe/Barth-22M

Howabout a killer topper
http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/4434681340.html

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bubba Barth:

Here is one in CA
http://www.usedrvs4sale.co/det...aDaHCeauNe/Barth-22M

Pay no attention to the picture of the SOB in the ad.

I am close to this one. I have spoken with the owner. and can go take a look tomorrow if anyone here is interested. I understand it is somewhat gutted, a project started but not finished. He had it on eBay for $3300 but no takers.

Anyone let me know anything in particular I can check. I am recovering from major surgery, dragging around an IV bag and a drain bag, still using a walker or a cane, so I can't do much more than sit or stand, but will be glad to check out what I can for anyone here who is interested.

e mail me at BILLAT908@YAHOO>COM with particulars on what you would like me to check or photograph.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left Coast Ken:
Already sent an email, Houston is a bit of a haul from British Columbia but I'm always up for a road trip,if I can't find one hiding in WA or OR.

Cheers!!

Hope you can find 1 close. There were not many Class Cs built, My guess is less than 50. Like all Barths you will find that even the Cs are all built different. There is a 1977 Ford 460 powered 1 about 10 mile from me. Owner says not for sale.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If it were I, I'd widen the search to 22'-25' Class As; more room for the length.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankyou all for your input. The build will require the barth bits to be seperated from the Chev bits. The camper will undergo a complete restoration from the frame out. It will eventually live on top a 2006 chev 3500 crew cab with a duramax 6600 paired with an allison 1000. The chassis suspension and running gear will all be reworked. This might change if I a 5.9 Dodge shows up a the right price before we start mocking up.

The wheel wells and bunk overhang will most likely require some mods to the frame and sheet metal but nothing that can't be figured out. Only parameter is that it looks like a Barth camper when completed, not like something with something else riveted to it. Plan is road ready in 24 months from day we start, still need the shop to make a living!!!

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left Coast Ken:
Thankyou all for your input. Plan is road ready in 24 months from day we start, still need the shop to make a living!!!

or maybe:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/2493908477

http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/4434813834.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post