Forums    General Discussions    Advice-Bad Idea?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Advice-Bad Idea?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments. I will look into that part ownership, but am actively looking. I seem to rotate between a Newell, Beaver, and Barth. I like the interiors mostly. I seem to be looking at the longer rigs, 40+ and I am sure I don't need that much, but it seems they make them nicer if they are longer. A slide would help.

I remember some length problems in National parks with the GMC at 35 ft. If I were to get a 40' unit will I be asking for problems in getting into national, state and gov campgrounds. I like to dry camp at least half the time, and sit in a hot tub the other half of the time. So a KOA or such would have pull thru's and not a lenght issue.

Not a lot of barths for sale at this moment. Lots of Newels, Beavers and provosts in the 50K range.

Half the fun is looking.

Thanks

Tom

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the flat spot problem on tires either. My brother has operated large equipment for many years and when they park big vehicles they put a 2 by 8 under the wheels and drive the vehicle up onto the boards. The tires are not in contact with the concrete and that seems to prevent flat spotting. Of course he also covers the wheels to prevent UV degradation.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post