Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

battery location
 Login now/Join our community

posted
There are two batteries in our 21'Barth, but nowhere could I find the location of the home space one! The mechanic in Medford while replacing the starter found it under the second step-who would have guessed! My question is how long will it support the refrigerator/freezer?? I was surprised to find the refer is 12/120 volt and not LP.
Un otra pregunta-off which gasoline tank does the generator feed? I have a right and a left one.
My space heater does not light up-I think the ignitor is defective, there is no pilot light. The unit is in the shop for brake check up at present. Thanks for your answers. Ted

Posts: 38 | Location: roseville, ca | Member Since: 06-24-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It would be VERY odd that an RV reefer doesn't have a propane mode if it has 12VDC. As to which tank the genset feeds from, tracing the hoses is the only way to find out, but I'd guess it would feed from the selected tank.

The furnace would have either a pilot light or an electronic ignitor, but not both. Look for a thick (¼") wire leading into the burner; that would indicate electronic ignition. A pilot light would have a gas line with a valve. It's rare for a furnace to have a pilot, but they're common on HW heaters and ovens.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
It would be VERY odd that an RV reefer doesn't have a propane mode if it has 12VDC.

I most likely have the same fridge as you have in our 76 Class C. It has a 12v solenoid type compressor. I have the owner manual for it in my Barth binder. The manual claims this is a very power efficient compressor. It has a piston that osculates between 2 coils. The 120 v is transformed down to 12v.

I have not run mine on house batteries yet to know how long or amp draw. On 120v it is a very quiet running compressor and works great.

What year is your coach? What brand furnace. I might have spare control board/ignitor.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Doorman-- My 21' Barth is either 76 or 77- Vin says 76 , reg from WA. says 77. The house furnace is an automatic, a no name as I recall. 30,000 BTU ducted. It is presently trying to pass smog at the mechanic's. When I get it back I will give you more info. It has a water leak from filler near the water tank and I have to figure out the water heater pilot light. So my tasks are in front of me! Thanks, ted

Posts: 38 | Location: roseville, ca | Member Since: 06-24-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
On my 76 I had the same frig as you have I loved it work great and you don't need to be level for it to work.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post