Reply To This Topic

Road Service discussion for new RV owners
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
K.I.S.S.

I just put an extension airline off my brake system. I just start the engine and get all the air I need.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Eric,

I followed your instructions to the letter....I put in an extension off my brake system.......Now I've got a tire full of brake fluid.....

It's a great idea, but I guess I better sell-off the old P-30/454 and move into the heavy iron rigs before I try that again....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
What the heck? You guys have lost me now!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Eric,

I followed your instructions to the letter....I put in an extension off my brake system.......Now I've got a tire full of brake fluid.....

It's a great idea, but I guess I better sell-off the old P-30/454 and move into the heavy iron rigs before I try that again....

Look at i this way, Lee---your brakes are bled and your tire is coated with a Good Thing on the inside. Lots of folks believe that brake fluid preserves rubber.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Nothin' to be lost about Danny......That was just a sophmoric attempt to explain that not all of us have integral air compressors on board......All of our bretheren out there with DP, heavy-iron units enjoy virtually unlimited high psi air access via their air brake systems....And Eric's right - it's a simple way to get air access at little cost......

But my 24' gasser is kind of at the bottom of the Barth food-chain so I don't have those luxuries available.......(And if your unit doesn't go "Pa-Cheeeeeeze, Pa-Cheeeeze" when you step on the brake pedal, you're in the same boat I am )

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post