Barthmobile Portal
Road Service discussion for new RV owners

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/4351098061

12-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Eric Herrle
Road Service discussion for new RV owners
K.I.S.S.

I just put an extension airline off my brake system. I just start the engine and get all the air I need.
12-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Lee
Eric,

I followed your instructions to the letter....I put in an extension off my brake system.......Now I've got a tire full of brake fluid.....

It's a great idea, but I guess I better sell-off the old P-30/454 and move into the heavy iron rigs before I try that again....
12-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Danny Z
What the heck? You guys have lost me now!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28
12-07-2004, 08:15 PM
bill h
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Eric,

I followed your instructions to the letter....I put in an extension off my brake system.......Now I've got a tire full of brake fluid.....

It's a great idea, but I guess I better sell-off the old P-30/454 and move into the heavy iron rigs before I try that again....

Look at i this way, Lee---your brakes are bled and your tire is coated with a Good Thing on the inside. Lots of folks believe that brake fluid preserves rubber.
12-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Lee
Nothin' to be lost about Danny......That was just a sophmoric attempt to explain that not all of us have integral air compressors on board......All of our bretheren out there with DP, heavy-iron units enjoy virtually unlimited high psi air access via their air brake systems....And Eric's right - it's a simple way to get air access at little cost......

But my 24' gasser is kind of at the bottom of the Barth food-chain so I don't have those luxuries available.......(And if your unit doesn't go "Pa-Cheeeeeeze, Pa-Cheeeeze" when you step on the brake pedal, you're in the same boat I am )