Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

NADA Blue Book
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
From what I understand, the NADA only goes back to 1989 at the moment. When the next model year comes out, will the NADA begin with the 1990 model year or will 1989 stick around for a couple of years?

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
I believe NADA.com is the only version that is restricted to 1989 and newer. If you are actually a paying subscriber to the NADA Guides, the published versions go back as far as you need them to. As far as what NADA will continue to keep on their website, it's hard to tell.

I have previously been given (on another RV forum) a general guideline of $500 depreciation per year for older motorhomes. So for instance if you're looking at a 1987 Regal, look up a similar 1989 model on NADA.com and subtract another $1000 for a ballpark value on the '87. Obviously condition, features, upgrades, etc. will probably add/subtract more value than the straight book value, but at least that gives you a jumping off point. Wink

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Kim and Dianne
posted Hide Post
Using that methodology, I must owe something for my 1976 21 foot Breadbox.

Smiler
Kim

1976 Barth 21'
HAM Call: AC7YY

Posts: 29 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 07-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
It's a guideline, not a guarantee... Wink There is a point where prices flatten out, i.e. a 1982 motorhome may be worth the same as your 1976 version. Or the older ones might actually increase in value due to their "classic" appeal. It all depends on the market, and who's willing to buy it for what amount.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Scottydl, I feel much better. I was afraid that if I bought a 1990, it would drop out and become very difficult to sell to anyone other than a cash buyer. I was recently approved to buy a 1981 SOB only to have the credit union change their mind when they couldn't assign a value to it. No problem, that opened the door for a Barth.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post