Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HELLO EVERYONE
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
I love these accordion jokes. I play one (accordion that is) on my gig....We go into the audience and serenade celebrating couples with "That's Amore". Anyways.. this guy is packing up after a gig and he's worried about leaving the accordion in view while he goes back for more equipment. He decides to chance it. When he returns he finds the windows smashed and 10 accordions in his car!

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Ryegal, when I first started collecting Barth literature one of the first Pieces I received was a great brochure for the Class C. That combo should end up in a vintage museum some time. What a great looking rig.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave,

Glad to hear that you and the family are doing so well, including your website. It must be nice to see all your kids grow up and achieve!

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
I still stop by every now and then to see the absolutely extraordinary job Bill has done with the website. Wow, I will tell you I'm greatly impressed. However, one thing that almost brings tears to my eye are the great GTG's and that they have been so successful. It just goes to show that the Barthmobile model of relationship oriented rallys rather intensive activity oriented rallys works. I see a lot of happy faces in the many pictures and especially the images of some great Barth Coaches.

Everything is doing well. As many of you recall I have been playing guitar since I was a kid and have been doing more of that than ever. I now play at least once a week usually more. Most are free gigs for senior citizens which is something I am approaching rapidly. SSN starts in October but I still work 40 hours in an enjoyable kinda play job.

An update for those who are interested. Rachel my 16 year old neighbor girl(and daughter Libby's BFF) who put the website together is now a journalist and has articles nationwide in Scientific American, National Geographic and many others http://www.readwriterachel.com/ .

My daughter Libby just received her masters degree in Hindi, Urdu and Arabic languages from the University of Texas, Austin and is leaving here this afternoon for a job with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency in Washington DC. I still can't figure out what they "really" do. I just hope she doesn't end up as a CIA assassin. She and Rachel and her boy friend will be living together 15 blocks from the White House. Watch out Washington..

Any way, keep doing what you are doing, it is obviously working out very well.

And as I used to end every message,

God Bless and Pleasant Journeys,

Dave Bowers

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post