Tools
Reply To This Topic

HELLO EVERYONE
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard anything from the guy who bought the original Barthmobile?

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Apparently Bill has forgotten about a little GTG here in Florida in December.
I don't know Dave... I hear it's too cold there. Big Grin

Red Face Sorry Danny, my bad. Ooops Of course, Florida is the next GTG Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Anyone heard anything from the guy who bought the original Barthmobile?
No Dave, we have not. Frowner

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Dave it's great to hear from you. As I have offered many times over the years, if your ever in this part of the world Barth III is yours for the asking.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric, what a family this is.

I wanted to ask, I think I saw that at one of the GTG'ers there was a trip to the RV Hall of Fame. I wonder if they had all the material I had sent them sometime ago. Did anyone see that there?

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
I wanted to ask, I think I saw that at one of the GTG'ers there was a trip to the RV Hall of Fame. I wonder if they had all the material I had sent them sometime ago. Did anyone see that there?
Yes Dave, all of the material and your notes about the history was there. Very nice collection too.

Not to make you cry... But what a blast we had!!!

I give it a... 3 firepits worth of fun - how's that for a rating? Wink

Thanks to one of our members who doesn't even own an RV... He was our contact who scouted and hunted down some ex-employees and did alot of leg work for us. Thank you Lou! Thumbs Up

Lou Thierwechter, pictured in red, playing Polka... Yep, Polka.

While traveling to the GTG (100 miles) to meet us for the first time, Lou managed to spot a Barth too.
First as a sighting - Then, Barth For Sale - Then, Barth Sold

Here we are at the Milford GTG enjoying a chat.

Billy T, Rusty & I managed to get down to the old factory for a picture pose with our Barths.

Of course, I like to manipulate images so I added in a picture of the sign that was out front when Barth was still there.

Here's all who showed up. Sorry if you have to scroll. Wink

Here is a link to a much bigger picture... 2,591px × 1,062px
http://i687.photobucket.com/al...ad/frontrearpano.jpg

If you want to read more about the Barth GTG In Milford, this is a pretty good starting point for you. Barth GTG In Milford, Indiana

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Brings a tear to my eye. All of those beautiful coaches, and more important beautiful people. Looks like you had a ball and even brought back the Barth sign..great great work...

I play a lot of shows around here for seniors. I do one every month in Rogers, MN northwest of the twin cities by 40-50 miles or so. We get at least 3 sometimes 5 accordions and man are they talented folks. Would make Myron Floren jealous. I still think perfect pitch is when you toss an accordion in a dumpster and it lands on a banjo, but the polkas and shadishes really get the old folks going. And me too...

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Dave we passed thru Roger in the spring for a wedding in Princeton,Mn.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dave, Dave, Dave! You've been in Minnesota how many years? And you still don't know how to spell, "schottische?"

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
but the polkas and shadishes really get the old folks going

Dave....As my Dearly Departed father-in-law would say, "Wastedeo." We, too, play at an assisted living facility (here in Allegan) once a month. Perhaps we shall meet someday and will be able to do a tune or two.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you still don't know how to spell, "schottische?"

Olroy, I am so embarrassed. I even went on the web and search to find the correct spelling. Must be that people Americanized it. hehe

Did you hear about the guy who bought a brand new $10K accordion and left it in his car to get a cup of coffee. When he came out all of the windows were broken and he ran to his car and there were four more accordions just like it in the back seat.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave, we have a beggar at a mall with an accordian and a donation cup. There is a small sign saying, "Pay or I Play".

Or maybe it's bagpipes. Can't remember for sure, because he never plays.

I have a garage-sale tuba that I leave outside when camping to keep people away.

Now, if you wanna hear good accordian, listen to some mariachi, ranchero or Tejano. There is an energy and pacing there there that even Cajuns can't keep up with.

Good to see you here again. Didja get yer phone fixed?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Hay--I used to play the tuba!! (don't ask when!)

Hi Dave, you may recall I bought Bill Bumstead's Breakaway, 2-2006, have put over 65K miles on it since, Found it because of your website, had looked for 5 years for a Barth, didn't think we would find the exact combination we wanted but Bill's was!

Best wishes and God Bless!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
St. Peter: "Welcome to heaven - here's your harp....."

Satan: "Welcome to hell - here's your accordian......" Mischief

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Hay--I used to play the tuba!! (don't ask when!)

So did I. All the lower brass, in fact. Still would if the right circumstances came along. Most bands want too much of a time commitment for a weekend RVer.

Anyway, if you want to hear killer tuba, give a listen to Sirius/XM's Fiesta Mexicana. It is Channel 965 on Dish TV. Some of them are stunning. I used to think I was pretty good, but most of those guys would blow me in the weeds right off the start line.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
Oh Dave it is good to hear from you ! I still have my class C and I finally found a place to paint it. I hope tp attend the rally in La next year just maybe I will be retired. I'm heading out solo for a month to try it out before I quit my job, as I have the best job and work for the best people ever.Keep in touch

Proud owner of a 1975 classic class C

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post