Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

drink holder question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted
OK so here is a dumb question..I have the 28 ' Regal..I have a serving area over the engine doghouse for holding what ever... I generally enjoy a cold drink while driving..What do I do so it doesn't fall over or spill...I thought about drilling out the two cup indents but thought you guys might have a better resolve.. Maureen enjoys her coffee in the morning and I like my morning pepsi.. I just dreed the idea of spilling things..
Any ideas???? what do you all do..
Also is there a filler that fits into the fresh water inlet so you do not have to stand there while it fills up.. I used the special water hose and filled my fresh water tank.. I just felt there might be a better way to do it....

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
When researching cup holders I found this one that they sell on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&ite m=7966630602&category=63691#ebayphotohosting

This cup holder is much better than the flimsy gray ones they sell at Walmart and Camping World. I am disappointed that Camping World doesn't have the "worlds best" cup holder. What ever that is.

On the side walls behind the vinyl there is I am guess 1/8 inch of that luan wood so I used a nice little shinny brass wood screw. I had to also drill one additional hold in the cup hold to make it more solid.

By the way, Deb and I wear glasses and use sunglasses. I went to my local optometrist and got 4 eyeglass cases like this one and velcro'd one next to the drink holder. I velcro'd it because it was the stickiest option I had and also felt I could remove the tape with out a mark. I also velcro'd one above our heads in bed. So when you are done reading you can just take your glasses off and put them in the case on the wall. By the way, the optometrist gave them too me and I hadn't even bought my glasses there.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited April 10, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We have a cup holder on each side. They hang from the window edge. Found them at an auto parts store.

If you gravity fill your water, you need not watch it, as an overflow will spill harmlessly out the fill hole. RV stores sell a short small hose that fits in the hole and connects on your filler hose.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter loaned me one of her tall "sippy" cups and I no longer worry about spills. Amazing how 3 yr olds come up with such simple solutions for the most complicated concerns :-)

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
To expound,[is that a word?] on Dave's advice, I have attached a small wire basket, about 2x2x10 above the twin beds and they hold the glasses and the TV remote and a book. Suzies idea and it worked out fine for us.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Expounds are what I could use about 50 of. The basket sounds like a great idea. I don't know if it is the same on all Regals but for some reason all of the cool little crannies and shelves are at our feet. I guess they thought we would hit our heads on thems.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dave, (ahem) - Is it possible your beds are made up wrong end to?

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited April 12, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Olroy. No not unless the built in padded head boards are foot boards and the decorative reading lights are for cutting my toe nails.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited April 13, 2005).]