Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth wannabe
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We are interested in buying our first rv and of course, have many questions. There is a 1990 Barth just listed on e-bay and I wonder if you could be kind enough to take a look and tell me what you think.

Posts: 3 | Location: North Ft. Myers, FL | Member Since: 06-10-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item =4555585991&category=50056&sspagename=WDVW

It's a beauty, and the price will more than double as the week goes on.

Email the owner and she will send you a whole bunch of nice pictures.

You gotta like the floor plan, first. Are you OK with twin beds? Are you OK with a side entry? These are personal things.

If I were buying, I would fly to Tucson and give it a real look over before bidding. The price of a couple of tickets is small compared to making the right or wrong choice.

With a 250 hp 8.3 and a weight of 26k, it will move.

That Honda water cooled genset is a jewel. I will be installing one myself. A gas genset is a little unusual on a diesel coach, so this one must run on propane. Is the propane tank large enough for boondocking? Will you boondock?

Do you want a diesel pusher or a gas puller? The dp is nicer in every way, but costs more to buy and maintain. Fuel is cheaper, though.

Is 32 too long for where you will go?

Is 32 too short for all the people you will have with you?

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited June 15, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The same coach was on eBay a month ago, and the highest bid was 32K. Go figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...ame=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post