Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Brrrrrrr, 15-degrees here tonight
 Login now/Join our community

posted
First freeze with the new SoB. I finally became comfortable that nothing would freeze in my Barth. Undergoing the initial "what-if" doubts with the Monaco tonight. Placed a temp sensor in the tank bay and it was holding around 45-degrees. The AquaHot is satisfied with only 120V so far. Bet it gets into the diesel before the night is over though.

Gotta start the Cummins early Thursday to take her in for some basic maintenance before our Christmas pilgrimage. Hate to hit that starter with the temps in the low 20's though. Hopefully the engine heat feature is functional.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
15 deg. is cold for you southerners. Just wear and coat and turn the heat up. Do you guys have furnaces in your homes down there?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ron, I trust you are sleeping in that Monaco tonight? Give us a report in the morning. Now if ron can JUST find that electric blanket switch. NO ron, it isn't on the floor below the DASH. GOT TO LOVE THAT ron.

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited December 14, 2004).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Dave, our house on maui had single wall construction, no insulation, no heat, and when it got below 65 degrees we would close the windows and doors and cook a turkey to warm the place up! Ahh... the hardships of paradise.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That must have been something Shadow. I bet you could really hear the rain fall on the roof.

I remember my house in Simi Valley, CA had what I now term pretent windows. Little aluminum frames. Here in Minnesota we have 8 inch walls and triple pane windows and a furnace, well actually my new furnace is half the size of the one it replace but I am still cold

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a metal roof....sometimes it would rain so hard and be so loud that we had to shut the tv off because you could not hear it even with the volume turned up all the way......usually didn't last long but man it can really rain over there sometimes....over an inch an hour sometimes.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Only got down to about 38 this morning but a cold north wind makes it feel a lot colder. Dave, we have central heat in the house that comes from a heat strip in the air unit. Glad I don't have to winterize the Euro every year. Might have to try out the furnace if we go out soon though. Anything I should check or clean before I fire it up?

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem. Only dipped down to 20. Did I say "only"! I know this temp range is a sign that spring is coming up there in the Great White North, but it's KOLD down here. See, we got this humidity-thing and......well, if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand anyway. :-)

The tank bay was at 49-degrees and the coach was at 39-degrees this morning. Guess I need to adjust my stats a little bit.

Hay SmithBro, don't make me come up there and turn a tighter radius to show you up! :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Shadow Man, I know what you mean about Hawaiian construction. About ten years ago I helped my brother-in-law construct an addition to a cottage on his Honolulu property - 2" x 14" clear, old growth cedar planks placed vertically & battened. That was all there was to it.

We couldn't get that kind of cedar lumber in the Pacific NW any more already then. I never asked him what it cost, but I bet it was like gold.

BTW , Shadow, I sent an e-mail to your Yahoo address posted to this site a few days ago. Did you get it?
Roy

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited December 15, 2004).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ron, to get that tight turn does that mean when you go to the rear of that Monaco it does a WHEELEEEEE? I thought so.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roy, yes i did...been busy running around doing things but i will give you a call soon and we can get together and swap lies and talk about the others on the board here...hehehe.

posted Hide Post
Shadow man and Roy, I for one can hear my EARS RINGING already. Have fun doing such, and remember FUN IS GOOD. Dale P.S. Don't for get to HAMMER ron. Got to love that ron.

posted Hide Post
Had a nice visit with OlRoy today, nice to put a face with another name. We only talked for 2 hours so did not get to talk about you folks although a few names did get mentioned every once in awhile. Will have to save that for next time Dale if your ears are ringing you must of been using the m/m connector, Anyway, they have a nice coach and it was a pleasure to meet them. By the way who all is planning on going to quartzsite this year? Am planning on dropping by depending on where and if i am working at that time.