Forums    General Discussions    Hi all!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hi all!
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Howdy!

I have lurked around here long enough. I have finally registered so that I might ask questions and the like as I am considering a Barth as my 1st powered home.

I currently volunteer around in an Esterel Supermatic pull behind which I love however as I have heard from many travelers you just go bigger and bigger. Wink

A Barth can tow my Esterel. (guest house)

Posts: 8 | Location: Ohio, USA | Member Since: 02-18-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Cool (alto watching it on dial up only took 14 minutes)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Hi Flitters

Great to see some of the lurkers finally registering......warning, if you are considering a Barth, that is wise, but be aware once you start looking you WILL fall in love (if you appreciate the quality) and NONE of those other SOB's (some other brand) will measure up. Big Grin

Good luck in your search for the perfect coach. So far, you got the brand right, and you found the greatest web site going for trouble shooting, problem solving, and comradarie.....

Tina

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Wonder if we should have showed that vid to Jim at the Fla.GTG? confusion

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for posting that vid as I had not thought to do that. Big Grin

Yeah my Esterel is a 17 footer with an additional 4 ft tongue. My 4 cyl Toyota Camry tows it fine although it is larger than my car. I have never seen one in the US in person however I know of at least 3 others who have an Esterel.

It's a super cool hard walled RV with independent suspension so it tows like a dream with zero waffling around and no need for special hitch stabilizers and load equalizers, etc.

Sorry Jim and Tere bout the 14 min view but as you already have a Beautiful Barth I have trouble feeling too bad about that. (huge grin)

Yup I completely agree Tina as I have been lurking around here for about 3 years now and kinda feel as if I know you all.

That is one of the reasons I decided to actually register. The friendly, helpful, close knit family environment was my deciding factor. Not counting the really cool Barth Mobiles.

As you might have guessed from my owning a different kind of tow behind I like different, odd, unique and special and I consider the Barth to belong in that category which is why I am leaning toward a Barth of my very own. Big Grin

Hey Dan & Suzy road trip? =P

Posts: 8 | Location: Ohio, USA | Member Since: 02-18-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Flitters, no road trips in the near future, although I would like to make the Indiana GTG. The reference to Jim and the video refered to our friend Jim who has a HiLo. At the Fl. GTG he had it about 2/3 of the way up when the wiring burned up and it was stuck that way for the weekend. HiLos raise with a hydraulic-cable setup so hand raising it like yours is out. Welcome, and good luck with your Barth-hunting.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
At the Fl. GTG he had it about 2/3 of the way up when the wiring burned up and it was stuck that way for the weekend.

Notice the 2 sets of chairs and the blocks on top of the chairs holding the top half of his Hi-Lo up. If you look into the windows you can see the lower section too.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Hi Flitters, no road trips in the near future, although I would like to make the Indiana GTG. The reference to Jim and the video refered to our friend Jim who has a HiLo. At the Fl. GTG he had it about 2/3 of the way up when the wiring burned up and it was stuck that way for the weekend. HiLos raise with a hydraulic-cable setup so hand raising it like yours is out. Welcome, and good luck with your Barth-hunting.

I thought they also had a hand crank or am I thinking of some other type?

That would be totally aggravating. I hope that still had a great time of it anyhow.

My gas struts need replacing but I can still get mine setup in less than 10 mins manual labor.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.

Notice the 2 sets of chairs and the blocks on top of the chairs holding the top half of his Hi-Lo up. If you look into the windows you can see the lower section too.

OMG I bet they could do without those kinda adventures.

Have they fixed things back up?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
No problem Flitters. Here in east Tennessee, 14 minutes goes by like, well, like clouds on a day without wind. Besides, there's nothing else to do, so one just gets up, makes a cup of java, kicks the wife-oops-I meant dog, checks to see if the Pony Express has left something and then goes back to the peecee hoping that the connection hasn't been lost.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
No problem Flitters. Here in east Tennessee, 14 minutes goes by like, well, like clouds on a day without wind. Besides, there's nothing else to do, so one just gets up, makes a cup of java, kicks the wife-oops-I meant dog, checks to see if the Pony Express has left something and then goes back to the peecee hoping that the connection hasn't been lost.

LOL!!

My parents have dial-up so I can relate when I visit them for any length of time I tend to drop off into a coma waiting for pages to load on the web. Big Grin

I found the best way to contact them is to simply show up as they (Dad) seem to forget to disconnect leaving the phone busy for days at a time. Intentional....Hmmmm...??

p.s. It's always Dad's fault when things go awry. =P

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
My parents also have dial-up so I dont/wont send them any pics cause it just takes to long to d/l... But its NEVER my Dads fault if something goes worng as he wont even touch that new-fangled contraption (puter).. One time thier phones went dead in thier condo complex, my Dad swore the modem police were going to come pick up my Mother for messing up the phone lines...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patch1st:
My parents also have dial-up so I dont/wont send them any pics cause it just takes to long to d/l... But its NEVER my Dads fault if something goes worng as he wont even touch that new-fangled contraption (puter).. One time thier phones went dead in thier condo complex, my Dad swore the modem police were going to come pick up my Mother for messing up the phone lines...

You mean they haven't blamed you yet? Wink

Yeah I never send anything with pics to them either. Much simpler to take them a dvd/cd instead specially since the the cat ate my pigeon. o.O