Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Headliner Replacement
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I've noticed that OLROY (presumably others) have sagging headliner problems. Seems to me that would be a good subject to explore, especially since I have the same problem--selfish motives!

Application of loose cloth overhead appears very difficult to accomplish, so I've been studying on alternatives. Elsewhere on the net, upholstery companies offer "ceiling panels". Has anyone ever used these?

Alternatively, I've been thinking of manufacturing some ceiling tiles by folding vinyl around a stiff foam backer, then gluing to the ceiling. Anyone ever try that?

Is there such a thing as flexible acoustic tile?

Comments appreciated.

John

Posts: 22 | Location: Houston, Texas | Member Since: 03-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Check out the updated thread on this subject in the tech talk section

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Mine sags, but is in good shape, so I'm thinking of using the 'buttons' that you push through the headliner into the backer, and it locks there, like a porcupine quill.
GM headliners (at least all the ones in my
Fiero's and Reatta are all sagging and I've see reference to this type of repair kit.

------------------
On the road.

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post