Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Re-Birth of Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
I came upon this informative article and thought some might be interested. Especially us new folk who don't know much.
I guess in the end Mr. Prinz' valiant effort was to no avail. See:
www.rv-news.com/sept1996/cvrstry.htm
REgards,
Don

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Actually as you can see that article is from 1996 some two year before Barths decline. Many place the responsibility on Prinz for moving from the core competancy of Barth and profiting off of commercial contracts which some considered not to be a future for them.

But who knows what happened? A guy later who ended up with the assets nameed Keith Leatherman from Leatherman Contruction in Indiana was going to start the thing back up. He for some reason thought that just by saying he was starting that the orders for $300K coaches would be pouring in and he would finance construction from down payments. Reaction was nada, plus, everyone wants slideouts and he didn't know how to do that anyway. So here we are...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Did Mr Prinz's mother write that article?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice artical Don. But I can't help but wonder if smart folks like Dave and Bill couldn't help with a Barth Revival. I mean a remanufacture plant where we could bring these old classics back to state of the art, rebuilt with the class of an artist.

You guys have the knowledge, ability and contacts to maybe make this work. Offer spec coaches for sale and contract refurb work to individual owners. Kind of a Barth's Nest where folks could come home, camp, visit or even have their coach revived. Anything from a tune up to a total rebuild.

Yeah, yeah I know...its just a dream. But hey, the Barth itself was just a dream at one time, right? Any ideas?

Chris

Posts: 6 | Location: Kingsport, TN, USA | Member Since: 11-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post