Forums    General Discussions    A quest for the truth, and one thing I don't like about the internet
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A quest for the truth, and one thing I don't like about the internet
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I love to get nice emails and I get them all of the time and they pick up dreary days. But, I also get my share of junk spam and even worse than those which suggest I can be a better "man", are the chain letters suggesting that the US Post Office is support terrorist groups, and that the General Mills logo is evil.

Today I got one which was especially distasteful to a Minnesotan. Now I don't blame at all the person who sent it. After being in business for almost 30 years I have learned the reasons (sadly in a couple cases) why we should do our due diligence. Not all feel so inclined.

This email accused the Target Corp. of being anti-American and even of being a "French" company. Now since Target is not a "French" company but a Minnesota company I was offended. If you get this chain letter, after you read it go here. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

And then go to Target and buy some towels or something...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I have found snopes.com to be a valuable resource to inform friends who indiscriminately forward garbage that circulates on the internet, whether it be about the Clintons, the Bushes, the Kennedys, Congressional retirement plans, the oil companies, Terri Schaivo's husband, or what have you.

If it sounds too good to be true, or too bad to be true, you can usually find a reference on snopes to give you the facts.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I hope I don't offend you too Dave. I just heard about the two BLONDS from Minnesota, I believe in Eden Praire to be exact that were sitting on a park bench at night recently? Looking at the sky one said I WONDER WHICH IS CLOSER, THE MOON OR FLORIDA? The other said, HELLO, CAN YOU SEE FLORDIA?

I need to get to work.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post