Tools
Reply To This Topic

Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah to all
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Once again we break out the Christmas lights for you to smash as we adorn our website with some Yule Tidings.

Here is an excerpt from a post I did in 2011
quote:
Here is my daughter's Christmas Card Envelope to Santa. Because this is her last year in this grade school, and all the mothers inflict a strict protocol of all things Santa related, this will be the last year for this "tradition".

After studying the photo thoughtfully, as all fathers would do, I asked my daughter "So umh, why is Rudolph headless?" Unfortunately, that one put me out of the running for "2011 father of the year." Roll Eyes

Because no one should have to wonder how this all played out, I thought I'd give you the conclusion to that post... Wink

As you can tell, by the low tech way we bring in the holiday season at Barthmobile, we decided to let our daughter know in the same type of fashion.

Here is our text to her. It was titled. "Don't open the attachment until after Christmas". Well, she failed at listening to her parents.

If you care to share, I'd like to hear your stories on how the news was broken to your kids. Who knows, it might be a fun post. One can always hope - right?

And now, the conclusion...

God - I love my job as a parent. Hopefully they won't need too much therapy later on in life. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks for the "fragile" decorations.
enjoyed the Thanksgiving motif too, breaking glass is such privately naughty fun (w/o making me go blind ;^)

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Now the girls want to use the Barth for a warming house when we go ice skating just like Bills kids do. Smiler All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
While I was working on the conspiracy of headless Rudolph being served for dinner with Maraschino cherries on top, Marvin immediately recognized it as table with cookies and milk for Santa. Which brought me to memories of Christmas past. How different. No Rudolph, no reindeers, no Grinch and Santa was very visible.

Saint Niklaus has its own day, December 6th. He will visit with Schmutzli (a dirty charcoal covered copy of Saint Nick) and a donkey will carry goodies for children. Usually nuts, madarins, chocolates. The bad children will be stuffed in a bag and carried away by the Schmutzli. If you want to be extra good you will sing a song or say a special Santa rhyme.

Saint Niklaus really excisted in the 280 ad in Myra (I believe today Turkey). He gave all his fortune to the poor and needy.
By the way the Kristkind (Christ Child) is responsible for presents on Christmas. If you are Italian you will have to wait until Jan 6th for the gifts (arrival of the wise man). Dec 25th - Jan 6th = 12 days of Christmas.

Yesterday I baked some Grittibaenz, a soft bread dough man usually handed out to children on Dec 6th. NOT a gingerbread man. Now I get carried away.

FROEHLICHE WEIHNACHTEN MERRY CHRISTMAS JOYEUX NOEL

swisslinked.com/ai1ec_event/samichlaus/?instance_id=

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
www.swisslinked.com/samichlaus-is-coming-home/

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
1) you believe in Santa Claus

2) you do not believe in Santa Claus

3) you are Santa Claus

4) you look like Santa Claus

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I believe!!!!

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Mary, I also believe. If there is no Santa where is all the coal in my stockings coming from?

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
My Mom would always say "Keep it up and Santa with be leaving only clinkers for you!

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Me, too, Mary. My grandchildren are all a little over 7, and they know that a lot of the presents under the tree that are already there, came from Mom or Dad, or Granddad or Grandma. Those are the people that they see Santa in all year long. To them Santa means that there are good things and good people in this world that care about them. That's what Santa Claus is all about and it represents hope to them and to us. The real tragedy is when some try to take that hope and innocence away, leaving us empty and alone. At the age of 76, I chose to believe. Be filled with the spirit of Christmas.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
"Yes Virginia.." et al there is a Santa!!! Thumbs Up
Those who don't believe expect too much.
Merry Christmas y'all!!! cheers
D.D.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Kevin, thank you so much for your Christmas message. It is not only a Christian message because Jesus came to save all, aetheist, agnostic, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, --The last time I checked, all means all. So no matter who your are, where you are or what you are, He is for you.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
MERRY CHRISTmas from the LEFT COAST. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas everyone.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post