Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Stuff
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I have always wondered why no one buys any Barth stuff. Man in my house I have Barth coffee mugs, coasters, bags, even a clock. You know not one person bought anything at Christmas. Maybe no one notice the link on the opening page. If so go here for some neat Barth stuff. By the way the T-shirts are the thickest I have seen anywhere.

http://www.cafepress.com/barthmobile

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and for those of us my age, they do have bibs... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
And is the Gittar Player "Cal" Dave's stage name or alternate persona?

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Well you know Gunner, I never did warm to my name Dave Bowers. I have been everything from bowels, to boxcar...rarely Dave.

Where I play on Saturday mornings they started calling me California Dave, even though I have been on the tundra for 30 years. Then I thought about Cal Worthington, the Dodge dealer in LA and getting up on Saturday mornings to watch Cal's Corral a local CW TV show. And then what sealed the deal is a few people didn't know that my name wasn't Cal and someone call here and asked for Cal the guitar player and my daughter answered the phone. So she started calling me Cal and on and on and on.

You know I get a lot of ribbing about playing country western music for a bunch of senior citizens each Saturday morning. But let me tell you in all my experience of entertaining I have never played for a more responsive and welcoming crowd. We now pull from 200 to 500 people and we have been told it is the best attended country show in the Midwest. We are starting to get quite a few Latinos as well as Asians folk seem to really like country music. We play almost exclusively "classic Country", However, I do a few Vince Gill tunes and a couple Garth Brooks but that is an exception.

Why am I carrying on? Because if any of you have a talent, juggling, play the harmonica, like to read to people, sing, dance, etc. You will never find a better audience than seniors.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Shucks, here I always thought Dave was the guy Ray Stevens sang about in "Gitarzan." I never knew he was named after "Cal Worthington and his dog Spot."

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Then I thought about Cal Worthington, the Dodge dealer in LA and getting up on Saturday mornings to watch Cal's Corral a local CW TV show.

Ah yes, Cal Worthington. When my kids were little, I would get up early on Saturdays to take them to get a camel or elephant or zebra ride or whatever. Those boys rode on every animal tht Cal had for years. Somewhere, we have a photo album of them on each animal. They were practically entitled to frequent rider miles from Cal.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Cal Worthington, there is a movie called Made in America in which Ted Danson plays a horse's ass car dealer whose animal promos go wrong. the scene is only incidental to the plot of the movie, but it is a hoot.

Once, in the sixties, I saw one of those short features they show before a movie, and it was a spoof of Cal and his ilk. I believe the company was Misdemeanor Motors. My wife and I chuckled over that for years.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Dave: If you don't have any "Luke the Drifter" (aka Hank Williams, Sr) songs in your repertoire you MUST include one, e.g.

"Old Shep" or "Box of Pine": "there's a little box of pine, comin' in on the 5:09, bringing my (dead) poor boy home"
Kleenex must be supplied to the audience.

"You are what you sing" -Ray Charles

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
"Box of Pine": "there's a little box of pine, comin' in on the 5:09, bringing my (dead) poor boy home"
Kleenex must be supplied to the audience.

Sadly, that song is still timely.

Johnny Cash did a good Old Shep, too. In fact, that childrens' album had severa poingnent cuts on it.

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Nobody did "Old Shep," like the original, Red Foley. If I remember that, how old does it make me?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post