Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

plug in back of dash instrument cluster-
 Login now/Join our community

posted
On my '77 Barth the instrument panel wiring has two multi plugs, the male one goes into the back of the printed circuit board. The other one with only three female connections and plastic catches at each end goes into somewhere near the ignition or light switch on the back of the dash.. Can anyone give me a clue? I have no panel lights or gauges but turn signals work and headlights work. I also need a printed circuit board 8988616 for 1976 P30 21' Barth. Thank you-I like this site. Ted

Question:
where does the female connection in dash wiring harness go into the back of the dash? There are two plugs in the harness-the male one goes into the printed circuit board back.??

Choices:
If I knew the answer I would not be writing this!
Maybe near the ignition switch, maybe??

Posts: 38 | Location: roseville, ca | Member Since: 06-24-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I suspect you are correct with the ignition switch. The panel needs power, apparently, and normally this is only when the ignition is on. There may be another source, though.

I will try to find some info. The wiring diagram and the panel on my 86 do not show these plugs. I'll see if I can find a schematic for the older ones… good luck!

I googled the GM part number. The part is discontinued but there are several sources listed there.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here is a good site for GM stuff:

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks....ex.php?topic=11766.0

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post