Tools
Reply To This Topic

10 years this month
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I know I just stop by every once in a while, but you all deserve an around of applause and a big standing O. You folks have kept this website going for a decade this month and it only gets better and better thanks to your present Sysop Bill N.Y. I think that Bill H was was something like #5 to sign up. #1 was a guy from California and later became one of those punks that accused me of ripping off people at the Minnesota Rally.

I think the first post was Keikos Taco Dip recipe which I still think is the best thing to take to a party and can still me found by searching for it on this site. What is there now, around 1200 registered members WOW!!!. Maybe more..

I am celebrating this month 6 years as the lead guitar at the Creekside Classic Country Jam here in Bloomington, MN. We get around 300+ in the audience every Saturday morning 9-1 and we'll be there early tomorrow.

God Bless you all and enjoy those beautiful Barth Coaches.

Dave

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow, Dave, great to see your post. What you started just gets better and Bill_NY and the active members get the credit.

Bloomington, MN sounds to me like a good spot for a GTG someday. (Only if you're there, of course.)

Check in sooner next time.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Next time we are in Rochester we will have to run up to the cities on the weekend to catch your show. I would vote for a GTG in the cities. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Dave, a few years ago you photographed and posted an 87 Barth over in Forest Grove. We travelled 1,500 miles to own that Barth and it contributed richly to the fun and enjoyment in our lives and remains in the family today. Your actions and effort added a lot of happiness to our lives. Thanks Dave! Bill

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Dave, Good to hear from you, as always. I found this site after buying the Euro and due to the knowledge and support I got here I have treated her as she deserved to keep her in the shape she's in. Still playing the Alvarez but looking at an Ibanez Artworks. Keep on pickin' and keep in touch. By the way, we have over 2100 registered members now.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Dave - great to hear from you! Glad to see that you stop in on occasion. It is true, we are celebrating our 10th year on the web and have redesigned many of the pages as a result of this.

Your first post was about why you started this website. If I remember correctly, you needed to post something to make it go live.

Here is the first post. Why I started this web site

And, here is the second post. The best 7 layers Taco Dip in the World

We have come a long way... Thumbs Up
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
What is there now, around 1200 registered members WOW!!!.
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
By the way, we have over 2100 registered members now.
I think it was his dyslexic hands that caused this.

I wonder... Do you think that would translate into picking the wrong strings too? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder... Do you think that would translate into picking the wrong strings too?

maybe he plays a lefthanded ax

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a motorhome since '03. I was intrigued by the shortest diesel pusher I'd heard of, a 30' Barth Breakaway (I'd never before eard of "Barth"). Things didn't come together until January '06, when I found just what I wanted. In two weeks, StaRV II will have lived here for 5 years.

Barthmobile.com gave me the info I needed to wait until the right Barth came up. In the meanwhile, I looked at over 100 SOBs, but none measured up.

Since my early days here on the site, then managed by Dave, the whole Barthmobile experienced has evolved, with more members, more Barth RVs, and GTGs expanding from the early ones in Michigan to the New England, Hillsborough State Park, and the travelling GTG.

Congrats to Dave, Bill N Y, and hurray for us!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Certainly agree with other opinions here for sure. I was a first time RV'er and ran across a "Barth" accidently while looking for other SOB's. This site made me change my mind on what I wanted and narrowed down my searches to "I only want a Barth". Dave was great with information at that time and the site answered alot of my questions. My wife was wondering what I was always reading on the computer, as I think I read just about all I could on this site.
And now here we are today with Bill doing a GREAT job carrying the torch and I am on my 2nd Barth and still using this site. I have met a great group of folks here and at the GTG's we have been able to attend. And I am not sure if any manufacturer out there, let alone one that has been out of business for over 12 years, has the dedication of owners that this site does towards their fellow owners and possible future Barth owners.
Like everything else in life, it is the folks you surround yourself with that make things pleasant and successful. So hat's off and a round of applause to all who help keep this great website going year after year cheers.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I was intrigued by the shortest diesel pusher I'd heard of, a 30' Barth Breakaway...
And - he even managed to find a shorter Diesel Pusher.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post