Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tow Base Plate
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
I am looking for a used Demco base plate for a 1993 Honda Accord. Any help would sure be appreciated

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at hitchtrader.com?

Posts: 42 | Location: Loudon, TN, United States | Member Since: 12-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Hitch Trsder tip, but came up blank. Don

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to: www.roadmasterinc.com and access their bracket kit section. They have four different Honda Accord sets of brackets available, including station wagons.

Posts: 34 | Location: Brandenburg, KY USA | Member Since: 02-15-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Still unsussesful on Demco for 93 Honda!

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I just did a Google search for Demco, accessed their website, and navigated to base plates. The earliest base plate they show for the Accord is 94-97. They show the Civic back to '92.

Maybe that's why you've been unable to locate one. Perhaps they consider the '93 obsolete, or maybe they never made one for that year.

One way to check would be to compare the front-end structure of your '93 with a '94-97 unit, and also to compare it with a '93 Civic.

If they're substantially different from yours, your only recourse might be to design your own for your local welding shop to fabricate. If you did that, it would be wise to use the same kind of construction and attachments that Demco uses on their proprietary models.

The simplest solution would be to buy another brand tow bar, with the proper base plate.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I just did a Google search for Demco, accessed their website, and navigated to base plates. The earliest base plate they show for the Accord is 94-97. They show the Civic back to '92.

Maybe that's why you've been unable to locate one. Perhaps they consider the '93 obsolete, or maybe they never made one for that year.

One way to check would be to compare the front-end structure of your '93 with a '94-97 unit, and also to compare it with a '93 Civic.

If they're substantially different from yours, your only recourse might be to design your own for your local welding shop to fabricate. If you did that, it would be wise to use the same kind of construction and attachments that Demco uses on their proprietary models.

The simplest solution would be to buy another brand tow bar, with the proper base plate.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Olroy is right it doesn't look like they have a 1993 base plate I would call them and see what they suggest.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the '94 Demco plate will fit, as Demco never made a plate for the '93. I really like my towbar as it's husky and light.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Don,

My best suggestion is to give them a call.1-800-543-3626 most of these companies are very helpful.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
I called and they said the '93 plate was not obsolete, they never made one for the '93 Honda. I guess my only shot is Dover Welding, who made a plate for my 85 Honda. Thanks to all for your help.

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Dover Welding, Dover,FL came through again and at $225 installed was a baragan! They also make the Piggyback Motorcycle lift.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Don,

Gooood news. And I bet everything will fit better than store bought. Thank God for local tradesmen and women.

------------------